Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RP65
    • Jan 2011

8 of the 10 were purchased from me (RP65) Ringside bags & Cleto Reyes bags, contact me if interested in bags or gear.

Thanks, Ralph
    ralphponce65@hotmail.com

Comment

• Tim
      Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

I have 20. I like to have a lot because variety is the spice of life. I also have 3 bags hanging at all times - 2 horizontal and 1 vertical. Right now I'm using the Title Gyro 8x5, Cleto XS, and Everlast 8x5 (vert bag). I rotate among all 3 during my workouts.

I also like to be able to give away decent bags when someone shows an interest. I recently gave my brother in law an Alan Kahn signed Title 10x7 bag. Much , much nicer than the crappy bag he was trying to use...

Comment

• Zaza
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Tim View Post
        I also like to be able to give away decent bags when someone shows an interest....
        ...well... if you're giving bags away, I'm interested!

Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
        http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• paranday
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Sep 2009

I count 18 bags. The only one I don't hit is the Title big blue, which has a totally dead rebound. I just can't get into a bag that doesn't rebound.

Comment

• Speedbag
            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

I've got over 20 something bags. the supply has been dwindling as I also give some away but I've also bought a few lately. I haven't hit enough lately to justify buying new bags but I think I'm going to have to break down and try the Title Atomic only because everyone seems to love them.
            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• ssdvc
              • Oct 2010

9 and counting. I am trying to get up the money to buy one or two of the Cleto bags from Ralph.
              ________
              LovelyBarbie
              Last edited by ssdvc; 08-15-2011, 04:30 PM.

Comment

• metaldad
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Apr 2007

5: Title 10x7, Everlast 8x5 , Everlast 4x6 , Top Contender 4x6 and a generic Century that's busted. Would love to get more Title bags and try some of the Cleto and Ringside bags. Eventually I'll have enough moolah to order from Ralph.
                Last edited by metaldad; 05-02-2011, 01:02 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

• ExEODCDR
                  • Apr 2011

3 Bags:
                  Vintage 1930's Everlast, 17"x10" (Great power workout)
                  Everlast Te-L
                  RingSide 8"x5"

Wish List:
                  A nice Title bag
                  Cleto XS
                  Lonsdale Peanut or their 10 panel bag?
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by ExEODCDR; 05-04-2011, 09:49 PM.
                  -
                  Owner/Operator
                  www.TheBlastingCabinet.com

LIKE on Facebook @ www.Facebook.com/TheBlastingCabinet

Comment

• larted
                    • Mar 2009

E, that big thing makes me laugh. It must be something to hit. Again good job on the repair. I am looking on Ebay to do the same thing.
                    Larry

Comment

• Avadia
                      • Nov 2010

I am up to 23 bags now, from 7 different brands. I probably hit on half of them regularly. I have three platforms with three different swivels and I like the variety.

Comment

• ebozyn
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Oct 2010

How many speed bags do i have?

Not Enough!

Comment

• ebozyn
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Oct 2010

I have 8 bags right now. here's how i break them all down.

1. Title Pro 5x8 (I'm pretty sure i'll be getting another one of these bags, they are simply the best bang for your buck 5x8 bag that i've hit so far.)

Rebound Speed: a nice even medium rebound speed

2&3. Title Pro 6x9: ( i have two of these i like them so much. These bags have a very large sweet spot. This is a very forgiving bag to hit.

Rebound Speed: These bags i find to have a medium rebound speed also)

4. Fighting Sports Pro 6x9: (i will be getting another one of these, no doubt. Fighting Sports are one of the better bags i have hit so far. I will get the 5x8 as well. I can't wait to hit that bag. Another bag with a large sweet spot. You can do crazy advanced combos on these, and the fighting sports pro bags will stay with you all the way.

Rebound Speed: These bags have a medium/fast rebound. They are a bit faster than the Title Standard Pros)

5. Ringside RPSB 6x9: (not a bad bag overall all. The belly of this bag is a little on the skinny side for a 6x9. And it has a fairly small sweet spot. the slightest hit off center can send this bag all over the map.)

Rebound Speed: I would tag this bag with a fast rebound speed. This bag is very fast for a 6x9.

6&7. Cleto Reyes 6x9: A pretty bag. super bouncy. A few things you may find about about Cleto Reyes bags are, as follows:
                          A. they are WAY over priced, and WAY OVERRATED. they are simply not worth the money charged for them, this is a $40 bag TOPS IMO.
                          B. The cleto bags have one of the smallest sweet spots i've ever hit, These bags aren't too difficult to hit, but they can get away from you quite easily. These bags are very lite, which can be nice in the larger sizes, my cleto 7x10 feels as lite or lighter than all of my 6x9s
                          C. THE LOOP. this thing, as most of you know, is WAY too thick. It doesn't move freely in the S-hook. which takes some of the natural swing of the bag away. It's like trying to run without bending your knees. I like bags that have a more natural swing in the S-hook
                          D. Not to mention getting the bag on a hook that hasn't been modified, which can be taken care of easily by filing down the hook. BUT you still have a bag that doesn't move freely in the S-hook.

Rebound Speed: I would say the Cleto Reyes bags earn a FAST to very FAST rebound speed.

8. Pro Mex 7x10: This bag is OK. This is another bag that has a few things i feel a person should know before purchasing them.

A. The pro mex bags are quite slow, you may even call them "dead bags"
                          B. The sizes run very small, As i've mentioned before, the 7x10 i have is is only slightly larger than my 5x8 Title Pro.
                          C. The quality may be questionable. My bag came with a 1/3 inch long cut in the leather. Also the leather was different thicknesses. some panels were nice and soft, a few were thick like rhino hide.
                          D. The Pro Mex bags do have a nice large sweet spot for such a small bag. They are a nice bag to practice on.

Rebound Speed: I feel this bag falls into the medium/slow rebound speed category

Attached Files
                          Last edited by ebozyn; 05-22-2011, 01:36 PM.

Comment

• gcruz
                            Speed Bag Trainee
                            • Apr 2011

Nice overview ebozyn!

Thanks for sharing your insights and comparisons of each of the bags you own! I wonder if anyone else feels the same about the Cleto. I just bought one, and since I have nothing to compare it to except an Everlast Te:L, all I can say is that it is much better LOL.

I want to get a mini, and large bag to round off the small Cleto.

Comment

• ebozyn
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • Oct 2010

Originally posted by gcruz View Post
                              Thanks for sharing your insights and comparisons of each of the bags you own! I wonder if anyone else feels the same about the Cleto. I just bought one, and since I have nothing to compare it to except an Everlast Te:L, all I can say is that it is much better LOL.

I want to get a mini, and large bag to round off the small Cleto.

gcruz: Thanks for sharing your insights and comparisons of each of the bags you own!
                              You're welcome gcruz. Just posting how i found these bags, in hopes is may help someone, and i do like to talk speed bags.

gcruz: I wonder if anyone else feels the same about the Cleto?

On this forum at the present time. I doubt it. Alot of people are buying Cletos right now. I also had high expectations for the cleto bags. they are good bags IMO. But that's the extent of it. I'm guessing maybe SOME people buy these bags with the hopes that the bag will magically improve their skills. Or maybe because of the high retail price of the bag, it must mean that they are the best bag on the market. A person that is profiting from the sales of the bags, (like the Cleto Reyes company for one.) will tell you they are the best bag, because it is in their best interest to do so. As you know, that doesn't make it true. Another bag that i feel falls into this category is the Grant Professional, the one made in mexico. $89.99 are they serious. unless the leather is from a unicorn, dragon, or some other mythical beast, and they are stitched with gold, i don't think so. The truth is... there is no one best bag.

gcruz: I just bought one, and since I have nothing to compare it to except an Everlast Te:L, all I can say is that it is much better LOL.

I totally agree that the Cleto Reyes are alot better than the Everlast Te:. I think that's the bag they call the "Everlast Elite Leather Speed Bag" not so elite is it?

what ever bags you choose to buy , keep on baggin' gcruz
                              Last edited by ebozyn; 05-22-2011, 01:54 PM.

Comment

• Hannibal
                                • Dec 2010

I totally agree with the review on the cleto. They are the hot ticket right now on the forum, but in terms of speed bags I tend to like my ringside ultra rebound bag better. The cleto is top notch quality, however, it is way overpriced and basically could sell for around 49.99 tops in my opinion. In recent years, I have ventured away from cleto and tried different brands, or picked up vintage specials or old stock as a ringside preferred customer. To those curious about the new Tuf-Wear speed bags I would tell you all that the bag is not that bouncy with a very course grade of leather that is brutal on the hands after a while. I returned my large one because it was too heavy, and the leather sucked. The gloves though I got from their new line ruled. The new rival generation bag is one of the best I have seen in a while. They use micro-fiber and yes you can tell it is a different material. Even sounds different. Makes somewhat of a slap instead of a boom on the board. It has very fast rebounds and a really nice fat bottom for accurate rebounds. I love this bag. In fact, I would of rather paid a high bill for my rival than I did for my cleto which I paid 69 bucks for at ringside with with free shipping. 70 bucks in my book is still way too much for them.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                                Working...