X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hispanicmakingpanic
    • May 2007

R.I.P. Diego "Chico" Corrales

I read yesterday that former lightweight champ Diego Corrales was in a fatal motorcycle accident. He fought on my birthday 2 years ago with my man Castillo and it was the most brutal back and forth battle I've ever seen. He litteraly ruined my birthday when he stopped Castillo. Any warrior that can inspire that kind of passion deserved to be remembered.
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Respect

Diego "Chico" Corrales

Corrales Record

Corrales vs Jose Castillo video clip
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• jaguiler
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Jan 2007

He looked pretty tough in the video.... I have to say I have not seen him fight before.... but it is sad when a sport loses a key figure like him.

MMA lost a fighter as well... suicide...gun I think. Family, wife and daughter left behind. What could bother him so much to do that ?

Comment

• Chris M
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Mar 2006

What could bother him so much to do that ?

What may appear trivial to some people can be a troublesome worry that doesn't have a solution to others. I have friends that are susceptible to severe depression and it's very sad when they are in their depths and black holes. They can't just "snap out of it" sometimes people that are that depressed think the world is better off without them and they make that decision to leave...

Comment

• Kyle
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Nov 2006

The MMA fighter that has thoght to have commited sucide is Jeremy Williams he fought in the IFL (International Fight League) the whole story is here: http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/...3898&zoneid=13
          ________
          Sharif
          Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011, 06:24 AM.

Comment

• Speedbag
            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Chris M View Post
            What may appear trivial to some people can be a troublesome worry that doesn't have a solution to others. I have friends that are susceptible to severe depression and it's very sad when they are in their depths and black holes. They can't just "snap out of it" sometimes people that are that depressed think the world is better off without them and they make that decision to leave...
            Yes, very true. Same happened to Najai Turpin, contender, here holding a speed bag. Why? I am saddened when a man falls out from under the board this way. So much to live for...

as for Diego Corrales, it is very sad - but people live on the edge with loaded guns and things of speed, such as motorcycles, cars and planes. The higher the risk the greater the thrill, I guess.
            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• hispanicmakingpanic
              • May 2007

Living on the edge

I agree with Mr speedbag, some people like to push the envelope and it appears Corrales was one of them. I read he was into skydiving, swimming with sharks, things of that nature. I was never a great fan of his, but i have to say he had the same style in the ring. I saw him complain after the stoppage against Casamayor, were due to a faulty mouthpiece he was cut on the lip and bleeding like a stuck pig. What I remember most about his die hard style is how many times he got back up against Floyd Mayweather when he was never in the fight. As for Najai and Jeremy, what fighter doesn't have issues? It's extremely sad and inconceivable to us without the facts, but I do question why that would happen to them in the middle of realizing their dreams. May god be with their families.

Comment

• ronaldo
                Speed Bag Trainee
                • May 2007

I just found out It´s quite sad that this happened to Chico. I am a fan of fast cars and motorbikes and what can I say...
                R.I.P.

Comment

• paranday
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Sep 2009

Cool video.

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post

Comment

• swfl
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Apr 2013

wow! just goes to show.. it aint over till......

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                    Working...