• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • metaldad
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by jackmcmanus21 View Post
    cant beat wristrolls for forearm strength....love using it
    Yeah, it's the best!! i had to back off a bit cuz I was starting to overdo it
    sigpic

Comment

• Tim
      Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
      Yeah, it's the best!! i had to back off a bit cuz I was starting to overdo it
      As in forearms too big? Wish I had that problem

Or overdo it in that you were getting carpal tunnel ?

Comment

• metaldad
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Tim View Post
        As in forearms too big? Wish I had that problem

Or overdo it in that you were getting carpal tunnel ?
        Not carpal tunnel, but more like starting to strain and pull muscles. I was doing it every day, sometimes two and three times a day. Had to back off
        sigpic

Comment

• ghftiop76
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Oct 2008

Thanks for your reply, I also was looking for this answer.

Comment

• metaldad
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Apr 2007

Originally posted by ghftiop76 View Post
            You're welcome. I now do two sets of four rotations(forward and back) every other day as well as other wrist and grip strengthening exercises. My newest favorite besides the wristroller is using the Heavy Grips. I have a set of four; 150# - 300#. These things ROCK!! I've also implemented other movements besides the wrisroller;i.e.farmers carries. This months Men's Fitness shows some awesome exercises and tips for building wrist,grip and forearm strength and if you can, check out Ross Enamait's books. He touches on this as well.
            Last edited by metaldad; 10-18-2008, 12:20 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

• metaldad
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Apr 2007

Originally posted by ghftiop76 View Post
              You're welcome. I have learned that sometimes less is more so I have since been doing two sets of four rotations each direction(forward/backward) every other day. I have also lowered the weight(15lbs). It may not seem like much but it kicks my butt. I have also implemented other exercises including reps with Heavy Grips. I have a set of four; 150# - 300#. I use these every other day strictly low rep or pyramid. I have found some really cool and challenging exercises i.e. farmer's walk, pull ups using a towel or 2" rope, pinch grip curls(these @#$%^KILL!!) etc., so now I can also mix it up. This months Men's Fitness has a great section on building forearm/grip strength and if you can, check out Ross Enamait's books.
              sigpic

Comment

• Roscoe
                • May 2006

Too Much of a Good Thing?

Not carpal tunnel, but more like starting to strain and pull muscles. I was doing it every day, sometimes two and three times a day. Had to back off
                ...or go blind

Comment

• metaldad
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Apr 2007

funny thing about that, now that you mention it......................
                  sigpic

Comment

• Whippet
                    • Nov 2008

Anybody ever use a wristroller? If so then how much weight do you use for how many reps? If not then what type of wrist and forearm strengthening exercises do you do? I've been using a wristroller for quite some time but I always go back and forth with the weight right I'm using 5 lbs and going for high reps (6- 10 +) I also do reverse curls. I'm always wondering if I'm doing the right amount with the wristroller.
                    Metaldad - sounds like you might like these links; lots of work has gone into them ...

Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

Not quite sure how I missed this one – it’s a superbly simple idea. Adam Glass‘ Backpressure Device. Love it.

Last, but not least ...

Happy DIY Training!

Comment

• metaldad
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Whippet View Post
                      Metaldad - sounds like you might like these links; lots of work has gone into them ...

Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

Not quite sure how I missed this one – it’s a superbly simple idea. Adam Glass‘ Backpressure Device. Love it.

Last, but not least ...

Happy DIY Training!
                      Thanks Whippet, especially for the rosstraining link....I've actually corresponded with Ross Enamait and like Alan, he is more than willing to give excellent advice with any and all questions regarding excersise and fitness. Ross has been very patient with my dumb questions and very inspirational.
                      sigpic

Comment

• bigpete405
                        • Oct 2009

deadlifts with no straps should do the trick.. I also like to hold the heaviest dumbbells as long as I can until my grip breaks.

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                          Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Originally Posted by metaldad
                          "Not carpal tunnel, but more like starting to strain and pull muscles. I was doing it every day, sometimes two and three times a day. Had to back off"

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                          ...or go blind
                          That was funny Roscoe!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                          Working...