• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MikeD22792
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Feb 2007

what makes your bag move faster???

i need my bag moving faster the air in the bag is fine what makes it move faster??
  • BillyMack
    • Sep 2006

Physical:
    1. Stronger platform
    2. Smaller bag
    3. Proper inflation

Theory:
    1. Form: can you make smaller motions with your hands? are you in close enough to the bag? is bag too high or low?
    2. Timing: can you change the tempo of the bag easily? can you hit blindfolded?
    3. Control: are you hitting the sweet spot of the bag? with the correct part of your hand? do you favor one hand over the other?

can you post a video?

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Hitting faster.

Originally posted by MikeD22792 View Post
      i need my bag moving faster the air in the bag is fine what makes it move faster??
      to make it move faster, I think you can do several things.

Add more air, in small amounts. a "slightly" overfilled bag is faster. A "very" overfilled bag will feel like a brick and may split a seam when hit really hard.

Hit harder. use more force in your punching, but try to keep your movements small. More punching force usually requires a longer movement.

Hit faster. Basically, hitting harder with the same size arc or smaller movement. This takes very precise technique to reduce your wasted motions or overswinging.

Get a shorter swivel. They will have a shorter rebound arc.

Get a smaller bag. It will have a shorter rebound arc and return faster.
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• BillyMack
        • Sep 2006

ha ha, Alan, we posted at the same time...good advice!

Comment

• Chris M
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Mar 2006

In addition to what's posted above:

Also make sure you've got a sturdy platform. Very little to no vibration, you're platform should not flex at all.

Make sure your swivel is tight to the board and it's not sloppy or loose anywhere.

Comment

• Kyle
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Nov 2006

ya make sure thats swivels tight or else you will loose some speed
            ________
            The Legend Condominium Pattaya
            Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011, 06:19 AM.

Comment

• Speedbag
              Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by BillyMack View Post
              ha ha, Alan, we posted at the same time...good advice!
              Yeah, I saw you were online, but there was no answer when I started posting. I forgot about tightening the board and swivel. They can be speed robbers. Good advice.
              Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
              *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
              The Quest Continues...
              Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• dad
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Dec 2018

A lot of great advise from very knowledgeable people. So for what it's worth before you focus on "speed" concentrate on "control".

Comment

• spdyTommyT

• Apr 2010

Short answer is, You do, you hit harder., and faster, all the things mentioned here are all valid suggestions and make a difference but Hit The Bag, like it kicked your dog!, with control little at a time until you get there, and make sure whatever style your hitting you rep it out and increase your strength and speed.___
                  The Speed Ball should be in every hall

Comment

• spdyTommyT

• Apr 2010

Why can’t I like my own posts that’s weird anyway

Comment

• Dutchman
                      Speed Bag Historian
                      • Jun 2006

It's in the software code that you can't like your own posts. It used to be that you couldn't even post in here, but that probably got altered during a software update.

Comment

• spdyTommyT

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                        It's in the software code that you can't like your own posts. It used to be that you couldn't even post in here, but that probably got altered during a software update.
                        Dutch!, wow glad to see you’re still active here.We speak about you all the time on IG and when someone asks me something about the history and I don’t know I’ve told them to come here and ask you.!. Haha you and Paranday both!!!
                        thank you again for all that you’ve shared.
                        I have been granted access I guess.
                        no one else was liking my posts haha so I tried, lol, you can on Insta and that I think is funny and when I like my own stuff it has meaning

Comment

• spdyTommyT

• Apr 2010

Wow this place is a Ghost Town or I’m fire to everyone I don’t know, OHMY,
                          Dutchman, anyone ever contact Billy Mack or hear from him on other platforms. Seems he left a longer time ago than me.
                          sorry to the community for not posting more and contributing for a long while. LiFe Thank you

Comment

• Dutchman
                            Speed Bag Historian
                            • Jun 2006

Yes, it appears that a number of people here have gone to other platforms. Then there is Facebook group. most of which only know of the Speed Bag Annual Gathering. I mentioned on the Face Book page about this site, and the vast majority of those people didn't know that this exists. That's a shame, as there is a wealth of knowledge and information on these pages Speedbag and I check on here daily from what I see. We're grateful that Tim keeps this site alive. There does seem to be a lot of people that look at things here, they just don't seem to post.

Comment

• spdyTommyT

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                              Yes, it appears that a number of people here have gone to other platforms. Then there is Facebook group. most of which only know of the Speed Bag Annual Gathering. I mentioned on the Face Book page about this site, and the vast majority of those people didn't know that this exists. That's a shame, as there is a wealth of knowledge and information on these pages Speedbag and I check on here daily from what I see. We're grateful that Tim keeps this site alive. There does seem to be a lot of people that look at things here, they just don't seem to post.
                              Yea you are right!, and yea Tim is Champion.!., the atmosphere of the community has changed and now there seems to be another change coming. So we will see because this time the bag doesn’t stop and the Art doesn’t die. And people that make fun of it or don’t repair their minds and body I can’t help. I also won’t tell them to stop eating McDs but hey it’s your choice and I know what I gained and the best has always the people that pushed me and inspires me to be this SpeedyT. And Dutch I believe you were the one who told me to patent?!,, Thank You Thank You

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...