• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BagBoy
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Jan 2018

Interchangeable Swivel Base

Apologies, I don't know what the item is actually called.

I've seen it in a few videos and what it looks like is a horseshoe type clamp that holds a swivel in place allowing the user to swap out swivels with ease on a single platform. My google searches have come up empty... would help if I knew what to search
    Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo
  • Cazbag
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2018

Could you give an example of a video it was in. I can't help but think it might be a Speed Demon mounted but not being used in the particular video?

Comment

• BagBoy
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Jan 2018

You see it here about two minutes in. I saw it once in an ad for $199. Didn't care for it at the time but now, different story.

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• florian 380
        • Nov 2012

caz was right looks like a speed demon .it goes around your swivel and counts your hits .

Comment

• rdshackleford
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Oct 2016

Are screws not fast enough?
          @ArcSwivel
          #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• BagBoy
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Jan 2018

GoshDangit! Well if the swivel clamp doesn't exist than I'll make one.

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• florian 380
              • Nov 2012

hey bagboy
              u can weld or glue the nuts to the platform that helps a little bit to swap the swivel faster

Comment

• rdshackleford
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Oct 2016

Originally posted by BagBoy View Post
                GoshDangit! Well if the swivel clamp doesn't exist than I'll make one.
                Go for it! Being a maker is fun.

How would you solve the height problem? Unless you cut into your platform and recess, any additional base would lower the bag, lengthen the swivel, slow the swing, perhaps interfere with the bag, and bring the rebound contact point closer to the edge of a standard 24" platform.

A clamp mechanism that doesn't do all that above would need to be rock solid, yet accept any number of swivel base designs.

Whew, I give up already.
                @ArcSwivel
                #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Cazbag
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Sep 2018

Canadian Pit Crew

I think I know the solution! Bagboy, you need to hire a pit crew, Canadian obviously. Arm them with miniature impact tools and what not so they can quickly take down the rebound board and spin it around all flashy like before the team goes to work on both sides of it getting gear swapped out and board remounted in record time. All of this done to pave the way for a knew joke... How many Canadians does it take to change a Speedbag swivel???????????????

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...