• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AllMight
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Apr 2019

New Member with questions!

Hey baggers. Been lurking a couple of days. Signed up say hello from NC.

Got a couple of questions as I’m going to buy my platform soon. Always wanted a bag for cardio and endurance. Plus I have a TBI and getting stronger hand eye coordination is in my best interest.

I noticed that platform size is a big deal. Im thinking of getting the Ibox and it comes with a 24” as you know. Do I need bigger board for the purposes of general punching and the stuff laid out in Alans book? On the 24” board, what range of sizes am I looking at playing with?

Do these platforms need weight on them? Im not a DIY guy? Im a D-E-M-O guy, so telling me to build my own stuff is futile cause I suck.

Do I need to switch swivels or anything?
    Last edited by AllMight; 04-12-2019, 10:00 PM.
  • Dutchman
    Speed Bag Historian
    • Jun 2006

Welcome! To start, with a 24" platform, you can use up to a bag that is 10" top to bottom, usually a 10"x7". Title sells what a bag we refer to as "Big Blue" which has a much larger belly that can be used on a 24" platform. You would need a larger platform if you desire to use an old school striking bag. These are not being made now, and are only available in varying condition on eBay and other sales sites.

Comment

• AllMight
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Apr 2019

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
      Welcome! To start, with a 24" platform, you can use up to a bag that is 10" top to bottom, usually a 10"x7". Title sells what a bag we refer to as "Big Blue" which has a much larger belly that can be used on a 24" platform. You would need a larger platform if you desire to use an old school striking bag. These are not being made now, and are only available in varying condition on eBay and other sales sites.
      So this? https://www.titleboxing.com/punching...per-speed-bags

Comment

• AllMight
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Apr 2019

Order the platform as well as a title super 7x10 and a gyro 6x9 with a forza swivel figured thats a good sysrting point to get my feet wet.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
        Working...