• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • crawforde
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jul 2009

Double the fun, but keep your guard up

The last couple of nights the kids have been out in the garage with me. I have my workout set up on a rotation where I roll a pair of dice and do the indicated activity for one round (I have a numbered chart on the wall, 0-12, 0= dropped both dice to 12 +double 6) then roll the dice again during the break between rounds. I like this system as it keeps me on my toes and stops me from just doing the same old things. Of course speed bagging is number 7, and I have "free" numbers that end up as the speed bag too. The kids have their activities as well.
    It has been raining lately and my daughter is supposed to ride her bike while I work the double end bag and she was bored, so she sat on the floor and started jerking the lower elastic cord around and trying ti hit me with the bag while I was trying to do combinations on the bag. What a blast. I got hit. No rhythm, no pattern, and it really is trying to hit you. The kids like it too. Try it out. Keep your hands up.
  • Jordan
    • Jun 2009

haha sounds cool, don't have any kids myself but I can see how that would brighten up a workout.

Comment

• metaldad
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Apr 2007

That does sound cool! Great way to get the kids involved nd keep them occupied
      sigpic

Comment

• crawforde
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Jul 2009

it gets the kids occupied all right my daughter likes to comment while it goes. "you need to duck faster, got ya, hahah, you should have blocked that, why can't you hit it...." Maybe she will grow up to be a coach.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
        Working...