• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KILROZ
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Nov 2009

not happy with the double double...

the other day i purchased an everlast, double-double end bag, and it came in today... i was all excited to put it up and try it out, but then i hit it a few times, and it sucked! maybe i don't have the tension right, but when i hit the upper ball, the bag doesn't even move, it just shakes.

here's the bag i just got http://www.titlemma.com/sf_42/c_6/p_E2N1DEB.aspx

i wish i would have come across this site before i bought that bag.

but i'd like to know what you guys think... are traditional double end bags better for improving hand speed and accuracy (as well as defense) than the double-double end bags??

i know the single double end bags move a lot, and very fast (i have a regular one still, and thought i was "upgrading" by purchasing this new bag), but is there any reason to even use the double-double end bag?

please let me know what you guys think... is the double-double end bag a waste of time? if so, i'll send it back and get a new regular double end bag, as mine is all beat up and falling apart
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

If you want speed, a single is definitely the way to go.

The double - double is nice for working head and body shots, but it does move slower, it's just the nature of having double the inertia to overcome...

I guess before you give up on it you could try upping the tension somehow.

Comment

• KILROZ
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Nov 2009

i actually screwed around with it for a little while today, and think i found a nice tension so that it moves a little better and not so erratic.

are there any good videos on how to hit the mexican sway bag? i've seen a few youtube vids, but nothing instructional

also, i am going to get another regular double end bag, so that i can continue to improve speed and accuracy on a smaller target. from what i understand, you guys like the tear drop shaped double end bags, rather than the sphere shaped ones, right?

this site has a couple different tear drop shaped bags, but i'm not sure what the diff is between them... one's like $80, then there's another for $40. are you just paying for a name in a case like that?

anyways, what bag would you guys go with out of these? http://www.ringside.com/Double-End-Bags/products/59/

Comment

• KILROZ
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Nov 2009

thanks mello, i read that entire thread. nice little video you put together

so from what i'm seeing, you guys prefer the sphere shaped DE bags... that's what i have been using for about 6 months now, and i love it. then title had that 50% off all everlast products, and i got the double-double end bag thinking it would be better, but i can't stand it! i've tried hitting it and its movement is so erratic even after making adjustments, that i just don't see how it would improve my striking. so i'm just going to return it and get a new sphere shaped bag. thanks for the help guys!

ps - i gotta post up a pic of my little garage gym i got going on once i get this muay thai bag up and hanging

Comment

• atgatt
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Nov 2007

Kilroz, Mello gave some great info. For me, I love the TUF-WEAR 7 inch. Very well made and feels good on the bare hands when hitting.

Comment

• jzzkwz
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Nov 2009

Double-Double End Bag

I just put up my first double-double (mexican style) and love it! See the attached pic...

I love the versatility of the bag and the speed (pretty quick) is manageable by my standards...multiple combinations are easily connected, subsequently bulding confidence!
            Attached Files

Comment

• anotherchance
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Nov 2009

Hey guys, I was thinking of picking up the Title Traditional Double Double:

According to a Title rep, one ball is 8" and the other is 5" and you can take them apart. Was wondering if anyone has used them before?

Comment

• Tim
                Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by anotherchance View Post

According to a Title rep, one ball is 8" and the other is 5" and you can take them apart. Was wondering if anyone has used them before?
                Sounds like 2 for 1 ! I haven't used that model.

Comment

• atgatt
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Nov 2007

Originally posted by anotherchance View Post

I have a 9" and a 7" that I once tried putting them together to make a double. For me, it just does not work. If I want to hit high and low, I just use a heavy bag or boxing dummy. If you want a moving target with a good bounce, use one double end bag. I happen to like the 7" the best.

Comment

• doublefist
                    Speed Bag Trainee
                    • Jun 2009

tufwear 7 inch double end bag

I took Mellow Yellow's advice and purchased a 7 inch tuf-wear double end bag and it rocks! The only thing is if you are going to hit barehanded, tape up the 'S' hooks.

Comment

• Crapsterface
                      • Nov 2009

Yo killroz Iv been wondering about those bags. now to make it move better use surgical tubing. and get som duct tape, and put targets on it. I had a regular double end ( i lost it i think it got stolen) and i taped eyebrows, a nose and a jawline. with that one u can put a solarplexus on it and whetever else. I dont even bother with bunjee cords anymore. use surgical tubing. trust me its way better. i dont know how well it would work on that thing but it moves way faster and sways better with a normal one.

Comment

• Crapsterface
                        • Nov 2009

Tim. Ya iv used somthing alot like that. I bought the little golden title and the red one the next size up. they wer on sale at the time. I think they work good and its nice to hav the ability to take them apart. they act different then a single one. If u hit the bottom one the top swings around and hits ya if u dont watch out. I custom rigged 2 together with caribeaners bunjee cord. I preferer rubber tubing. that actualy swings enough to hit u back. and u can adjust the tension with rope. the bunjee cords that come with it dont move all that fast or that much. But i was happy with the product. I bought them as 2 singles and put them together. I always mix and match them.

Comment

• Roc Stone
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Oct 2007

I'm a big fan of the double DEB.

I have found that if you have no tension at all (or very little) in the bungi cords or bands and just set it to the required height it can be quite active.

They're great for uppercut & hook combos, body to head...
                          sigpic'IRON HORSE, LIVE TO RIDE'

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                          Working...