X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hannibal
    • Dec 2010

Ringside Headhunter Bag..

Ringside is the undisputed champion for boxing equipment and MMA gear. Shop gloves, punching bags, protective gear, and more at the best prices.

Wanted to throw a quick review of this bag up for those of you who like variety in your workout, or for training purposes. I have in the past owned a throwdown bag, which weighted about 60 to 65 lbs. The leather on that bag was way too soft, and after 6 months of punching it fell to pieces. Recently I had purchased a body snatcher bag from Title because it was on sale for 99 bucks. However, many had stated it would allow me to practice uppercuts, but let me tell you it did not. I gave this one to my nephew and went searching for a better quality bag. I had considered the Cleto Reyes wrecking ball bag, but was not impressed with its design for the price they are charging. I opted for the Ringside Headhunter bag. First off I got a great deal 119.99 with free shipping by signing up with my email. Turns out though that they still charged me some shipping due to the size of this . Anyways, all together is runs around 140 bucks with shipping. Upon first inspection the first thing I noticed was the quality of the leather...it is a lot better than either the throwdown or title bag I have owned. In fact, a nice conditioning and this thing looks like a million bucks and then some. Anyways, it is listed at 65lbs and I say it weighs closer to 80 lbs. The hanging rig if you are using a free stand will not work. It is too long. I first opted to hook it up to one of my free standing units to test it out and focus on my uppercuts, which I had intended this unit to do. I had to remove the chain at this point and replace it with the shorter chain that came with my FSU. After this got worked out it was time to test this unit out. Boxing is all about angles, being able to rip a combo, hook, uppercut, and use the science of these motions to gain an advantage on your opponent. This bag allows you to do just that. The lightness of the bag requires you to use head movement as it will swing, and forces you to be aware of foot placement and body position unlike a traditional heavy bag. In terms of uppercut potential this far exceeds my expectations. It allows you to forgo the spinning and lack of wall space to mount a traditional uppercut bag, and work uppercuts from various angles as mentioned before. The weight of the bag is no problem even for larger folks with stronger muscles or even smaller folks with a hard punch. It is plenty enough weight to keep it from flying up in the air, and plenty enough to offer enough resistance to practice your upper body work. On a scale of 1 to 10 I give this unit a solid 9. I only give it an 9 because of the shipping costs and the lack of various weight options. I would prefer this to be available in a 100lb and 120lb offering. More resistance equals more power, and that is what this unit is about. If you want to add a great training bag to your regime give this one a shot. As always protect your hands, keep your guard up, and hit em hard!!

Josh
  • toolboxdiver
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
    http://www.ringside.com/Ringside-The...ctinfo/HEDSHO/

Wanted to throw a quick review of this bag up for those of you who like variety in your workout, or for training purposes. I have in the past owned a throwdown bag, which weighted about 60 to 65 lbs. The leather on that bag was way too soft, and after 6 months of punching it fell to pieces. Recently I had purchased a body snatcher bag from Title because it was on sale for 99 bucks. However, many had stated it would allow me to practice uppercuts, but let me tell you it did not. I gave this one to my nephew and went searching for a better quality bag. I had considered the Cleto Reyes wrecking ball bag, but was not impressed with its design for the price they are charging. I opted for the Ringside Headhunter bag. First off I got a great deal 119.99 with free shipping by signing up with my email. Turns out though that they still charged me some shipping due to the size of this . Anyways, all together is runs around 140 bucks with shipping. Upon first inspection the first thing I noticed was the quality of the leather...it is a lot better than either the throwdown or title bag I have owned. In fact, a nice conditioning and this thing looks like a million bucks and then some. Anyways, it is listed at 65lbs and I say it weighs closer to 80 lbs. The hanging rig if you are using a free stand will not work. It is too long. I first opted to hook it up to one of my free standing units to test it out and focus on my uppercuts, which I had intended this unit to do. I had to remove the chain at this point and replace it with the shorter chain that came with my FSU. After this got worked out it was time to test this unit out. Boxing is all about angles, being able to rip a combo, hook, uppercut, and use the science of these motions to gain an advantage on your opponent. This bag allows you to do just that. The lightness of the bag requires you to use head movement as it will swing, and forces you to be aware of foot placement and body position unlike a traditional heavy bag. In terms of uppercut potential this far exceeds my expectations. It allows you to forgo the spinning and lack of wall space to mount a traditional uppercut bag, and work uppercuts from various angles as mentioned before. The weight of the bag is no problem even for larger folks with stronger muscles or even smaller folks with a hard punch. It is plenty enough weight to keep it from flying up in the air, and plenty enough to offer enough resistance to practice your upper body work. On a scale of 1 to 10 I give this unit a solid 9. I only give it an 9 because of the shipping costs and the lack of various weight options. I would prefer this to be available in a 100lb and 120lb offering. More resistance equals more power, and that is what this unit is about. If you want to add a great training bag to your regime give this one a shot. As always protect your hands, keep your guard up, and hit em hard!!

Josh
    Great Review Josh wish I had a spot to add that to my Gym

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
    Working...