• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Wall mounted "Power Target"

I can't say I have ever used one of these Power targets before.

Could be very helpful for home training, particularly if you could not hang a heavybag.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag
  • hispanicmakingpanic
    • May 2007

Wow that's an awesome piece of equipment! I made something similar to that last year(I took the video down). I took an old footstool and molded the cushion into the shape of a head. I then ducktaped the cushion to the footstool using a whole roll of tape to secure it properly. I mounted it on my wall about head heigth using wood screws. It was a real fun piece because of it's shape and size, and it helped develop sharp chin shots and uppercuts. I finally destroyed it earlier this year with a barrage of hooks, thanks for posting the pics Alan, it shows my idea was effective. A little pricey though ain't they?

Comment

• SupergeZ
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Mar 2007

sounds awesome hispanic! i love it how you ghetto fabricate all your stuff, its amazing. ive made a few of my own pieces of equipment for weight training, like a close grip barbell for reverse curls and military press coz i found a standard barbell toooooo long for the space and harder to balance when using close grip exercises + couldnt afford an EZ bar so thought bugger it ill make a ghetto equivilant!! i also made a wrist curl exerciser from a spare dumbell bar, duct tape, string and some weight plates! lol, the equipment you make is always your fave

[edit] can post pics if your interested

Comment

• Kyle
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Nov 2006

i wudnt mind seeing that
        ________
        TouchMyHumps live
        Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011, 06:29 AM.

Comment

• hispanicmakingpanic
          • May 2007

Ghetto fabricator

Thanks Gez I consider myself the Macgyver of boxing equipment(without the mullet). I call it south of the border engineering, lol. It's really just out of necessity, I don't think that many people can afford to buy top notch equipment, even generic brands are a bit pricey. My approach is to reverse engineer these products and make my own using materials of my choosing. I hope I don't get sued homey!

PS: I'd love to see some pics so I can continue to steal ideas,j/k!

Comment

• SupergeZ
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Mar 2007

haha np homes, ill sort some out later 2night / 2morrow!

Comment

• Crownshep
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Jun 2007

Could someone explain who "Macgyver" is,i`m from the UK and have no idea.The reason why i ask is that i have a TITAN home gym,and the site i post photos on of the machine,i`ve come up with a few new exercises and i`ve made various pieces of equipment from scrap and the site owner said i had macgyver like skills.I`ll post some pics of a few things if anyones interested.

Comment

• BillyMack
                • Sep 2006

LOL...MacGyver was a TV character who often got himself out of sticky situations by using whatever materials were at hand.

learn more here:

Comment

• Crownshep
                  Speed Bag Trainee
                  • Jun 2007

Thanks Billy,now i understand,lol.On my TITAN machine i used a length of hosepipe instead of rope to do a lying triceps extension,it doesn`t burn the hands as much as a rope.I`m one of the moderators on a bodybuilding website called ironage,and i did a pictorial of everything that comes with the gym,and i mentioned a few bits i made from scrap steel i picked up iff building sites i work on.Here`s my homegym,

Comment

• SupergeZ
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Mar 2007

thats a mean setup man! how many bucks that set you back?

Comment

• Crownshep
                      Speed Bag Trainee
                      • Jun 2007

I think it cost me about £2,400 for the TITAN gym and then i spent about £300 on some weights,but i have made myself quite a few from scrap steel that i find on work sites.it might seem expensive but i`ve been training for nearly 30 years and i plan on carrying on for the next 30,so in the long run it will save me money.

Comment

• SupergeZ
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Mar 2007

hey your a brit!... my setups just a weights bench with fly and leg extensions and a "standard" barbell, dumbells, and a load of cast standard weight plates... got alot of it on sale or stock clearance so didnt cost me much over £100 for it all

wana upgrade to a nicer system soon though, as soon as im working (finish college on friday). i want an olympic weights set and a more heavy duity weight bench with a selection of bars and plates etc, have a setup i can really push myself on and that will last for a looooong time!

Comment

• Crownshep
                          Speed Bag Trainee
                          • Jun 2007

I`ll post a few pics of the scrap steel i find and what i`ve made out of them.Here`s the steel plates that weigh about 400lbs each,so i made some 75lb plates and some dumbells.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Crownshep
                            Speed Bag Trainee
                            • Jun 2007

The red plates are the 75lbs that i made from that steel.The red plate with holes in it was a from a Texaco distribution plant that closed down,it was a end cap off one of the pipes.It weighs 130lbs.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Crownshep
                              Speed Bag Trainee
                              • Jun 2007

The plate you see here was from a factory that made gaskets and they let me have this scrap,so i had a piece welded in the middle and it weighs 90lbs.The long bar was bent from having a JCB run over it,so i made a triceps pushdown bar and a load of dumbell handles from it.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...