X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CeSalt
    • Nov 2013

Muhammad Ali and a mystery swivel

I spotted this photo and am intrigued by the swivel Ali is using. It's not a bible swiv for sure, but I'm curious to know what it is. Does anyone know?
    Attached Files
  • Dutchman
    Speed Bag Historian
    • Jun 2006

This is an early "U" bar swivel, which as I recall wasn't available at the normal retail level at that time. It's likely it was made for him by Everlast as he was involved with them for most of his professional career/

Comment

• CeSalt
      • Nov 2013

Thank you, Dutchman! It's one they must not have put out on the market, and with all the material involved I can see why. It makes me wonder where this custom swiv is now. What a find that would be.

Comment

• CeSalt
        • Nov 2013

Not for Ali alone

Here's another look at the swivel, this time put to use by another Everlast boxer, John Hasson. --Really wanted that to be larger than it appears here. Hmmm… Here's a link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Boxer-J...item53f7be166a
        Attached Files
        Last edited by CeSalt; 12-22-2013, 11:10 PM. Reason: Add url

Comment

• paranday
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Sep 2009

Now that is wild. Here's a larger picture. Some of these oddities have got to show up on eBay one of these days. Oh, how I wish I had been searching for swivels since eBay began.
          Attached Files

Comment

• CeSalt
            • Nov 2013

Yes, Paranday, I thought you and Dutchman in particular might like that. Thanks for the added view!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...