• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Alan thoughts on the everlast plastic swivel with metal ball

Originally posted by toolboxdiver View Post
    I need the base with the everlast threads so I can screw in the metal ballhook swivel or the everlast chainlink swivel. Thanks if I could make one I would

Actually, a Better goal is to use the metal ball & hook, which will work fine with a plastic base plate. I have several of those. You need the hex (allen) wrench to back out the set screw than take the hook shaft out of the metal ball. Put it back together inside the plastic ballhook housing (remove plastic ball and replace with metal ball) and it will work fine. I don't notice any difference in the "action" of a plastic base and metal ball vs any other ballhook arrangement. But that metal shank smacking the plastic housing is a whole lot less noisy than the metal base. you can see and hear the metal ball in the plastic base in this video.

In my arrangement described above, you can just set the metal base plate with the internal threads off to the side. The threaded part will also work with an Everlast chainlink swivel.
    Last edited by Speedbag; 01-09-2009, 11:32 PM.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag
  • spdyTommyT

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post

Actually, a Better goal is to use the metal ball & hook, which will work fine with a plastic base plate. I have several of those. You need the hex (allen) wrench to back out the set screw than take the hook shaft out of the metal ball. Put it back together inside the plastic ballhook housing (remove plastic ball and replace with metal ball) and it will work fine. I don't notice any difference in the "action" of a plastic base and metal ball vs any other ballhook arrangement. But that metal shank smacking the plastic housing is a whole lot less noisy than the metal base. you can see and hear the metal ball in the plastic base in this video.

In my arrangement described above, you can just set the metal base plate with the internal threads off to the side. The threaded part will also work with an Everlast chainlink swivel.
    It’s not the action so much as it’s the mix of materials and people don’t realize petroleum brakes down petroleum so use lube and usually equals the stronger material cooking the weaker and resulting in failures. I’m not mentioning any names but someone was making nylon bases with brass and they didn’t last. I know everyone wants a ball hook, but know they all come with a failure point, plastics have failed the fastest for me. Kinda like never last bags, the ten hour Cp:XS.
    The Speed Ball should be in every hall

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
    Working...