Go Back   Speed Bag Forum > General Archives

Supporter Links & Advertisements

Old 03-04-2008, 12:11 PM
Speed Bag Trainee

eoneel is on a distinguished road
Really small bags... any good? 6x4 and smaller...

Hey everyone, I was looking to get the smallest speedbag I could find and between these two I think I have found it. I saw Speedbag skunk hitting a grant 6x4. That thing was little! I want to get one, could someone tell me if this is the same Grant 6x4 speedbag in this link because I don't see a dimension on it. Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

http://www.grantboxing.com/detail.aspx?ID=22629
Old 03-04-2008, 06:59 PM
Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

Tim has disabled reputation
I haven't seen them side by side... I can tell you that grant bag is *SMALL*

I've only seen the rival on video.

Honestly either is probably as small a bag as you would ever want. I'm not sure if the link is the one that Skunk has... you could e-mail their customer service and ask.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:51 PM
Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

Speedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by eoneel View Post
Hey everyone, I was looking to get the smallest speedbag I could find and between these two I think I have found it. I saw Speedbag skunk hitting a grant 6x4. That thing was little! I want to get one, could someone tell me if this is the same Grant 6x4 speedbag in this link because I don't see a dimension on it. Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

http://www.grantboxing.com/detail.aspx?ID=22629
I would say it is the same one. The Grant bag that Skunk is hitting was purchased from Ringside Boxing. It was a 6x4, and very small and light. In action, it wasn't that much fun to hit. A cool little novelty bag, but for elbow strikes, particularly downwards, it was very difficult to use.

But you may love it. I just didn't care for it's action.

Like Tim, I have not seen or had hands on a Rival 6x4.

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
*attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
The Quest Continues...
Onward to SpeedB.A.G. VIII! Summer 2017

The Art of the Bag
Old 03-05-2008, 10:42 AM
Speed Bag Guru

riqal has much to be proud ofriqal has much to be proud ofriqal has much to be proud ofriqal has much to be proud ofriqal has much to be proud ofriqal has much to be proud ofriqal has much to be proud ofriqal has much to be proud of
You better be sure that you really want a bag that is really small and very lightweight before you spend a lot of money. If you don't think that you'll like the feeling of hitting air, you won't like the bag. I have a 7 x 4 top contender that is so light that I don't enjoy hitting it. I am gonna put it on a kiddie platform that I am making for my 3-year-old son. Otherwise, I regret wasting the money.
Old 03-05-2008, 06:30 PM
Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

Speedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by riqal View Post
You better be sure that you really want a bag that is really small and very lightweight before you spend a lot of money. If you don't think that you'll like the feeling of hitting air, you won't like the bag. I have a 7 x 4 top contender that is so light that I don't enjoy hitting it. I am gonna put it on a kiddie platform that I am making for my 3-year-old son. Otherwise, I regret wasting the money.
...and that's the truth. I Couldn't agree more about trying to find THE smallest bag.

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
*attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
The Quest Continues...
Onward to SpeedB.A.G. VIII! Summer 2017

The Art of the Bag
Old 03-05-2008, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riqal View Post
I have a 7 x 4 top contender that is so light that I don't enjoy hitting it.
Don't give up on the 7x4 too easily ... I didn't like mine at first either. It's depressing to go from hitting well, to downright crappy with a mere bag change. But that is the nature of going to a significantly smaller bag. Give it a chance, you'll adjust your timing and you'll be hitting it well before you know it. When I first got the 7x4 I put 2 solid weeks of extensive use of it before I started to feel comfortable with it.

I dusted off my 7x4 top contender (haven't used it in about 9 months) and hit for about 30 minutes tonight. The first 20 minutes was pretty depressing. I was ready to take it down and put the 8x5 back up within the first 5 minutes... but don't give up too easy on these smaller bags... once your timing adjusts you'll be hitting it nearly as well as a bigger bag.
Old 03-05-2008, 09:59 PM
Speed Bag Trainee

eoneel is on a distinguished road
I have a 6x4 everlast bag that I got a while ago that I really like, but it is a great deal bigger than the rival and grant 6x4 bags I have seen from the videos on youtube. I went ahead and asked Grant's customer service about the bag they are selling online that says "small" and they told me that it was a 5x8 bag. So after actually seeing the size of the Rival bag today on youtube and a few pictures here on the forum, I decided to go ahead and get the Rival 6x4 bag. I can't wait to hit one of those tiny bags! I am always up for a good challenge. Also I am hoping a smaller bag will be a little less noise, maybe not but no biggie if so. Hey thanks for all the knowledge and advice everybody has shared with me. It is highly appreciated.
Old 03-05-2008, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eoneel View Post
Also I am hoping a smaller bag will be a little less noise, maybe not but no biggie if so.
It will definitely make less noise than a bigger bag...
Old 03-06-2008, 09:37 AM
Speed Bag Guru

riqal has much to be proud ofriqal has much to be proud ofriqal has much to be proud ofriqal has much to be proud ofriqal has much to be proud ofriqal has much to be proud ofriqal has much to be proud ofriqal has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
Don't give up on the 7x4 too easily ... I didn't like mine at first either. It's depressing to go from hitting well, to downright crappy with a mere bag change. But that is the nature of going to a significantly smaller bag. Give it a chance, you'll adjust your timing and you'll be hitting it well before you know it. When I first got the 7x4 I put 2 solid weeks of extensive use of it before I started to feel comfortable with it.

I dusted off my 7x4 top contender (haven't used it in about 9 months) and hit for about 30 minutes tonight. The first 20 minutes was pretty depressing. I was ready to take it down and put the 8x5 back up within the first 5 minutes... but don't give up too easy on these smaller bags... once your timing adjusts you'll be hitting it nearly as well as a bigger bag.
Thanks, Tim. I'll give it another chance, and I'll see how it goes. But even if I adjust my timing, it will still feel like hitting air. Right now, my favorite bag is the everlast pro 8 x 5. It moves fast, I can really feel the impact, and I get a good workout with it.