• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jaja6009
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Dec 2016

4200 on eBay

A 4200 is on eBay. Overpriced but it is USA made and in decent condition.
  • Dutchman
    Speed Bag Historian
    • Jun 2006

It has the 1984 Los Angeles Summer Olympics logo on it, so it's no older than 30 years. Everlast got the endorsement for the Atlanta Games, which was in 1996, at which time they switched to that emblem. So there is a 12 year time frame that this bag was made in. It looks to be in really decent shape, looks like it has had little use and has the plastic bladder which would put it towards the end of that production run.

Comment

• jaja6009
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Dec 2016

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
      It has the 1984 Los Angeles Summer Olympics logo on it, so it's no older than 30 years. Everlast got the endorsement for the Atlanta Games, which was in 1996, at which time they switched to that emblem. So there is a 12 year time frame that this bag was made in. It looks to be in really decent shape, looks like it has had little use and has the plastic bladder which would put it towards the end of that production run.
      You never cease to amaze with your knowledge.

So do you think the price is high? I do just because I got a made in the USA one in better condition for $50 a month or so ago. And my first 4200 which seems to me to be older was around $50 too and that bag is shaped a little different, fatter and lighter with it's original plastic bladder.

Comment

• Dutchman
        Speed Bag Historian
        • Jun 2006

A $105? They're dreaming. While it appears to be in decent shape, it's not worth that. There were an awful lot of these made, $50 would be a top end reasonable price for it. It needs a new bladder (not unusual with the plastic bladders, they routinely fail at the seam). Examples of these show up on eBay often enough, (they seem to appear in groups) that they are not all that rare, if a person is willing to wait and see. I would hazard a guess that it will be eligible for a second listing with the price reduced. How much is any ones guess. If it doesn't move at this price you can always PM the seller and make them an offer. The worst that can happen is that they would say "no"

Comment

• rdshackleford
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Oct 2016

And I just got a pretty nice one for $19. Not quite in as good shape, but lots of life left. The pics were bad and it was too dirty to even tell if it was a 4200. Sort of like an american pickers find, lol.
          @ArcSwivel
          #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• rdshackleford
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Oct 2016

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
            A $105? They're dreaming. While it appears to be in decent shape, it's not worth that. ...
            And SOLD!
            @ArcSwivel
            #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• jaja6009
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Dec 2016

Anyone here grab it?

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...