• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gallichio
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jan 2015

Inspiration

Hello all,

I am really enjoying and learning from the forum. I wanted to start a thread about inspiration. To get more ideas. I have really enjoyed watching the DVD Art Of The Bag and working with the book/DVD Speed Bag Bible. I also think The Speed Bag Skunk on U-Tube is awesome. I am still very slow but I am making progress in controlling the bag and trying new ways to strike the bag. I will be hopefully purchasing a Deville #13 swivel and a Balazs i-Box platform soon as I can afford it.

One of my biggest inspirations has always been Rocky Marciano.

Who or what inspires you?

Thanks
    Mike
    Attached Files
  • rehamco1
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Gallichio View Post
    Hello all,

I am really enjoying and learning from the forum. I wanted to start a thread about inspiration. To get more ideas. I have really enjoyed watching the DVD Art Of The Bag and working with the book/DVD Speed Bag Bible. I also think The Speed Bag Skunk on U-Tube is awesome. I am still very slow but I am making progress in controlling the bag and trying new ways to strike the bag. I will be hopefully purchasing a Deville #13 swivel and a Balazs i-Box platform soon as I can afford it.

Thanks
    Mike
    everyone on the Forum inspires me to practice more in order to get better to learn more moves to try to think up different moves I am grateful for their help to me on my journey which inspires me to give any help I can to any and everyone on their speed bag journey So thank you Mike, and everyone each post, picture and video helps. bag on

Comment

• Conway
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Apr 2015

Hi Mike,
      Great that you started inspirational thread and hope to see informative comments here soon. Like to say before following any workout DVD we must consult from our trainers to avoid any discomfort or injury in future.
      Last edited by Conway; 04-28-2015, 05:50 AM.

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Gallichio View Post
        Hello all,

Thanks
        Mike
        Greetings Gallichio and welcome to the forum. Do not worry about being "very slow", it is more important to be "very controlled" and that is easier at slow speeds. As you gain control of your movements and power you will start hitting faster automatically. We find people learn faster by NOT trying to hit fast or hard. Control is far more important than speed, and speed will always follow control.

Glad to have your here!
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Commander
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Mar 2015

Great thread. For me, I find myself playing Alan's DVD as I find it a classic instructional video -- includes slowmo, plain language instruction, demonstrations, calmness, rhythm, and so on. His attitude conveys confidence and encouragement. I have the Speedbag Bible as well, but the actual demonstration and sense of comraderie engendered by the DVD gets my hands moving!
          Did I say thank you?

Thank you, Alan!

Dan

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...