• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rehamco1
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Aug 2013

dates work well

those dates work well for Joe and Me. we think The Real Gym is the place to be. Please let us know if we can help in any way...planning or whatever...thanks for getting the ball rolling.

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by SpeedBagAtaraxis View Post
      Anyone heard from Msdevile lately? I was wondering if she would help with the poster since she did such a great job in the past with designing them.

On a side note, I would love to get Speed Bag shirts and Art of the Bag shirts (Joe!!!!) to bring to the convention since we'll have such an influx of people from the committee!!!!
      I regret not making an SB V poster for this year's event. My apologies. I'd be happy to work up some Speed B.A.G. VI poster ideas. Stay tuned.

T-shirts are a great idea. And like Eric suggested, if there is pre-registration for SB VI, we can get an idea of how many shirts to pre-order for those who are interested. (I'm not too savvy about creating an online pre-registration form for the event, but, hopefully Tim or someone else on the forum can assist in this. I think you mentioned something about creating a website, Matthew… We should try to aim at getting something up before the end of the year perhaps.

By the way, I have a Facebook page titled: Speed Bag Addicts. I've been posting random photos and videos taken at Speed B.A.G. V. I invite you to heck it out, and give the page a "Like" while you're there.
      Speed Bag Addicts. 1,893 likes. This is for anyone who is addicted to speed bagging.

Speaking of T-shirts… speedbag4life and I made a custom t-shirt that we wore to SB V. Here is some video of someone I persuaded to model it for me at the event. You're a good sport, Matthew.

Speed B.A.G. V • July 2014MsDeville (aka Dee) and SpeedBag4Life (aka Lisa) brought some special T-shirts to the event and talked SpeedBagAtaraxis (Matthew) i...

sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
      I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• rehamco1
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Aug 2013

Thoughts

Originally posted by SpeedBagAtaraxis View Post
        These are great responses everyone!! Keep em coming! I feel as though once we've established committee members we can start assigning very specific jobs but I imagine for the most part the committee would act as a whole.

Some of us obviously have skills in certain areas that others don't such as the expertise of making a website or advertisements sheets and by all means if anyone would like to volunteer for any specific jobs please say so.

Sifu George I imagine a dramatic change to the event would have to be made by the committee(once it's established) as a whole. I think in the evens that one of us(including you, you are definitely apart of the committee) thinks a big change should be made we could do an anonymous vote for it and/or discuss it and see what's best for the convention.I do love the space!! It's amazing there.

I myself already know I will be included in the construction of big bertha(the apparatus that holds all the speed bags)! As well as help with the building the official schedule and website. I personally don't possess a ton of skill in making a website so I could use help with that and for an Advertisement poster I would love to recruit Msdeville to help! As I know she has helped make them in years past and done a fantastic job.
        I have noticed a LOT of people visit The Forum . maybe one idea would be to have a very short video come on first thing to really catch the attention of the first timers on this page....

I am NOT a computer person but I can follow good directions for instance the directions Tim put up on the forum on how to embed videos from you tube to the forum....excellent...BUT

I did not know what FAQ meant till someone told me.

I noticed someone asked how to make friends on the forum. I did not know how to either so I waited for a response. none came on the forum....

A private message came and told me where to go...when I read the instructions...I tried to follow them but the buttons I was told to push were not on the forum. My idea is someone who knows computers go to all the
        instructions on how to do stuff and follow all the instructions preceisely and see if they all work I would like to make friends on the forum and I still do not know how...contacts yes friends no..Joe and I would like to help however we can and we are saving up for Speedbag 6. We really enjoyed ourselves and we enjoy the enthusium for Speedbag 6. thanks to everyone

ps having worked for a newspaper all I can say is advertise and promote Joe and I do it for the Forum most every day...In order to get people to join they have to know the Forum exists....my 2 cents...

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by rehamco1 View Post
          A private message came and told me where to go...

Plenty of People tell me where to go, too.

Love ya, Roge.
          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Zaza
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Apr 2011

Just bumping this post...time to start organizing for a successful gathering...only 37 Monday's before the next gathering!
            Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
            http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• SpeedBagAtaraxis
              • Nov 2010

Thanks Zaza I agree! Speed Bag VI Will be here before we know it!

Comment

• Eric
                • May 2014

Speed Bag Vl

Joe, 37 Mondays ! Thats the way to break it down !
                I'm looking forward to it already !

Comment

• speedbag4life
                  • Jun 2007

Well, is there a leader in the midst? I think we may need one, or two working together, to head up the cause and keep things rolling.

Comment

• Tim
                    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by speedbag4life View Post
                    Well, is there a leader in the midst? I think we may need one, or two working together, to head up the cause and keep things rolling.
                    Hi all - having put considerable effort into organizing in the past - I would also recommend a leader is needed - but I would encourage also a "Divide and Conquer" approach. There are several aspects to the event - marketing (banners, posters, web ads, promotion facebook, etc.) - events - Charity event? Request items from vendors? competitions and general planning, groups activities, etc. Hotel discounts, etc.

But I think it all starts with a vision. What do we want this year's event to be? What parts of the past events have been the most enjoyable? I can tell you the charity events are a fun thing to do and feel like a good contribution - but they also take the most planning - which charity - where - what is the event (silent auction, etc.).

Is there a goal for the event ? for example, let's make this bigger and better - or more public - or find more baggers - or is the primary purpose a reunion of friends (of course open to newcomers)? Think about those things and then some clear "assignments" will appear. A great event can be planned , and with enough "Hands to help" it can only take a few hours of each person's time.

Comment

• Zaza
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Apr 2011

Originally posted by speedbag4life View Post
                      I nominate Matthew as Chairman of the 2015 SPEEDB.A.G. committee!
                      ...all those in favor say "I"

My thoughts-
                      I'd like to see the event grow and attract more baggers, I'd also like to see some of the benefits go to a good cause. We should bring back a charity and I'd propose that charity to be Rock Steady Boxing for 2015. By supporting this cause, we could leverage any & all advertising and work with Rock Steady to promote the event. I imagine we could even get them to attend.

I also believe that vendors would be happy to donate some gear to be auctioned off for such a great cause.

If the committee members support this idea, I would be glad to help arrange this.

I can also arrange a discount rate at the Best Western, as I did this last year.

So... lets get this ball rolling! PLEASE post your ideas, comments and what you might be able to help with to make this event bigger & better then ever.

Cheers,
                      -Zaza

Comment

• Speedbag
                        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
                        I nominate Matthew as Chairman of the 2015 SPEEDB.A.G. committee! ...all those in favor say "I"

"I"

My thoughts-
                        I'd like to see the event grow and attract more baggers, I'd also like to see some of the benefits go to a good cause. We should bring back a charity and I'd propose that charity to be Rock Steady Boxing for 2015. By supporting this cause, we could leverage any & all advertising and work with Rock Steady to promote the event. I imagine we could even get them to attend.
                        Fine by me. For the record, We did RSB as a charity for SB-III in 2012. They were supposed to have someone attend but it fell through. I think they were doing a demonstration at a Parkinson's Conference.

I also believe that vendors would be happy to donate some gear to be auctioned off for such a great cause.

If the committee members support this idea, I would be glad to help arrange this.
                        I can also arrange a discount rate at the Best Western, as I did this last year.

So... lets get this ball rolling! PLEASE post your ideas, comments and what you might be able to help with to make this event bigger & better then ever.

Cheers,
                        -Zaza
                        "I"

Go for it.

Last edited by Speedbag; 10-21-2014, 07:07 PM.
                        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                        The Quest Continues...
                        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Eric
                          • May 2014

committee

OK...a few ideas to think about:
                          Speed Bag VI needs a logo. For promotional material,Posters and T-shirts
                          Jersey Soup & Subs as well as the Irish resturant should be contacted for sponsers, caterers, or coupons.
                          An itenerary of any Demos,contests, or open sessions could be posted so we can attract spectators as well.
                          Registration fees can be set and pre registration can be explored.
                          Registration can include an event shirt as well as any swag obtained from manufacturers.
                          Just a few observations from a guy that had a blast last year !!!

Comment

• Zaza
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                            > I'm thinking Ms. Dee should take this task on...logo, posters & banners.

Jersey Soup & Subs as well as the Irish resturant should be contacted for sponsers, caterers, or coupons.
                            > Eric, being in the business...how about you take this one on?

An itenerary of any Demos,contests, or open sessions could be posted so we can attract spectators as well.
                            Registration can include an event shirt as well as any swag obtained from manufacturers.
                            > Agreed on all accounts!

Comment

• speedy G
                              • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                              I apologize if this is a 'private' thread for the senior bagger committee. Just want to throw out there that I'd be happy to help from behind the scenes if I can. Don't know if you need help and doubt I can make it to the event - but I'm certainly willing to help in any way. I'm in the DC area, have a background in writing/copy editing / social media marketing and dabble with the creative arts too. (see www.flutterface.com) Let me know If I can be of any assistance. Again, sorry for the intrusion and hope it's a great event.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by speedy G; 10-22-2014, 11:08 AM.

Comment

• Zaza
                                Speed Bag Guru
                                • Apr 2011

Originally posted by speedy G View Post
                                I apologize if this is a 'private' thread for the senior bagger committee. Just want to throw out there that I'd be happy to help from behind the scenes if I can. Don't know if you need help and doubt I can make it to the event - but I'm certainly willing to help in any way. I'm in the DC area, have a background in writing/copy editing / social media marketing and dabble with the creative arts too. (see www.flutterface.com) Let me know If I can be of any assistance. Again, sorry for the intrusion and hope it's a great event.
                                Any & all members of the forum are welcome here...please post comments & ideas...it's all helpful.
                                (...and you should try to make it to the event, it's BLAST!)

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                                Working...