X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ExEODCDR
    • Apr 2011

Jumping rope and new patterns

Any suggestions on where to look for learning new skip rope patterns? I want to expand this. I've got one move, straight up and down. Maybe a crossover here and there. Want to work on footwork and coordination. Been scanning youtube but haven't found anything that's helped a ton. Thoughts appreciated.

eX
    -
    Owner/Operator
    www.TheBlastingCabinet.com

LIKE on Facebook @ www.Facebook.com/TheBlastingCabinet
  • novaspeedbagger
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Aug 2010

I searched Jump rope variations

Check these out and let me know if you saw any of these vidz before.

Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• ExEODCDR
      • Apr 2011

Thanks Nova!!! Dang those guys are good!!!!!! I think I pulled a muscle just watching those vids! I'm gonna get to work on a few new moves this weekend, if you don't hear from me in a few days I'm probably tangled up in my rope on the garage floor! Send help with scissors, OK?!?!
      -
      Owner/Operator

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Aug 2010

Keep us posted on your progress

Originally posted by ExEODCDR View Post
        Thanks Nova!!! Dang those guys are good!!!!!! I think I pulled a muscle just watching those vids! I'm gonna get to work on a few new moves this weekend, if you don't hear from me in a few days I'm probably tangled up in my rope on the garage floor! Send help with scissors, OK?!?!
        Just as a precautionary measure, here's 3 major rules of engagement when jumping rope in a garage:

1. If you fall just try to relax and roll with it.
        2. Always do your best to remain conscious.
        3. You may want to keep a pair of scissors handy like an EMT encase you get tangled up.

Worst case scenario, nobody sees you and they back the car out of the garage

In which case your new forum screen name is legally changed to................

Speed-bump-scissorhands! Ha! Ha!

But seriously, be safe and remember, I'm a PE teacher and we've already lost Dodge Ball. You don't want an avoidable mishap to be the reason for a national ban on school sanctioned jump rope activities. That would be a burden too tough for anyone to carry. Make us proud speedbaggerExE, and please post some video of your progress!

Good luck and may the force be with you on your quest to defy the law of gravity!

PS - Did jumpcannon put you up to this? LOL! this has got to stop.
        Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• ExEODCDR
          • Apr 2011

LOL!!! This was actually an honest question, but it sounds like I hit upon something good!!!
          -
          Owner/Operator

Comment

• David222
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Oct 2012

Well, I also got only one move because I just do it occasionally to boost up the thighs fat burning process. And it really works for me. Jumping rope is good for lower body area, for legs, thighs and hips. It may be very effective to improve legs endurance power.

Cary Fitness
            Last edited by David222; 10-13-2012, 02:09 AM.

Comment

• Zia
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Oct 2012

Great Videos

Hi guys, joined recently and this is my first post here in this forum.

Really helpful workout. Its not only a great cardio. Its good to improve your footwork in so many sports. I remember rope jumping during my cycling and cricketing days. My footwork during batting has improved a lot and my paddles ran more faster during the days when I was doing rope jumping. So no matter if you are boxing, playing tennis or basket ball rope jumping is going to play its part.

Good videos to show the skills, but one would be more intrusted in the training videos that shows how to develop these skills.
              Century® 10" Speedbag

Comment

• sendmorecops
                Speed Bag Trainee
                • May 2012

I've recently been working on my jump roping too for boxing and cardio. Here's a pretty good one I found the other day
                Free jump rope lessons: http://www.jumpropeninja.com/jrccRecommended Jump Ropes: http://www.crossrope.com/bloomtofitGet my weekly workouts here: http://www.b...

Comment

• Sam22
                  Speed Bag Trainee
                  • Dec 2012

i used to be able to jumping string but because of the perform i do, Now i got really bad legs. It used to be fun dance with the string. It maintains my fitness. Make sure to keep you low and not leap to great and shift around too...

Dr. Griffith is an Assistant Professor of Management. He teaches, researches, and writes in the areas of leadership development, diversity, and training & development. His primary research interests are in the areas of authentic leadership development and psychological capital development; both are seen as dynamic developmental models that focus on the transformation of individual experiences/psychological states into resources supportive of personal development. Griffith also serves as a reviewer for the Human Resource Development Review (HRDR) and the Journal of Leadership and Organizational Studies (JLOS).
                  Last edited by Sam22; 05-16-2014, 04:26 AM.

Comment

• Zaza
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Apr 2011

Here's a few moves I've never seen before!
                    Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
                    http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• Melvine
                      Speed Bag Trainee
                      • Feb 2014

Hi Nova,
                      Thanks for sharing these videos with others and these videos will be of great help for those who have recently started working out. Jumping rope is great workout to burn fat, boost metabolism and losing extra weight.
                      Last edited by Melvine; 05-09-2014, 05:56 AM.
                      1701 Quincy Ave Unit 26,
                      Naperville IL 60540
                      773-359-1771

Comment

• swfl
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Apr 2013

Thinking about jumping rope brings this video to mind

Comment

• Bentan
                          Speed Bag Trainee
                          • Apr 2014

Jumping rope is full body workout and ideal exercises for healthy lymphatic system. Jumping rope is simple, fast and effective workout to burn fat and reduce weight.
                          Last edited by Bentan; 02-02-2016, 02:11 AM.
                          Stones Sharp Accountants
                          Stones Sharp Accountants
                          Stones Sharp Accountants

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                          Working...