Go Back   Speed Bag Forum > Platforms

Supporter Links & Advertisements

Platforms Tips and tricks for mounting your speed bag platform. Ideas, information, and examples of home made or customized platforms

Old 01-03-2009, 05:41 PM
Speed Bag Trainee

HandsOfStone is on a distinguished road
Here's my setup, just built it this week, total cost not including the swivel and bag cost only $40. And its sturdy as hell
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	1272
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	408   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	1438
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	409  
Old 01-03-2009, 06:02 PM
Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

Speedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud of
Looks like a sweet set up. Love the posters also.

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
*attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
The Quest Continues...
Onward to SpeedB.A.G. VIII! Summer 2017

The Art of the Bag
Old 01-03-2009, 06:07 PM
Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

Tim has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandsOfStone View Post
Here's my setup, just built it this week, total cost not including the swivel and bag cost only $40. And its sturdy as hell
Looks good. Where did you get the iron brackets from? Maybe standard shelving hardware?
Old 01-03-2009, 06:32 PM
Speed Bag Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedbag View Post
Looks like a sweet set up. Love the posters also.
Thanks! The posters gives some extra motivation Oh and by the way Mr. Kahn after watching your videos its made me want to get into speed bagging so thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
Looks good. Where did you get the iron brackets from? Maybe standard shelving hardware?
They are 20 inch shelving brackets from lowes, cost $8 a piece. And the 24 x 1 inch table top, also from lowes, cost $16. I built this custom one because the pre-made stands would be too big for my bedroom. So this is just the right size and height.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:00 PM

Quote:
I built this custom one because the pre-made stands would be too big for my bedroom. So this is just the right size and height.
You probably saved a bundle too... looks great. Keep us updated on your progress. we're all here to help
Old 01-03-2009, 09:46 PM
Speed Bag Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
You probably saved a bundle too... looks great. Keep us updated on your progress. we're all here to help
Yeah saving money was also a big factor lol Thanks for the comments Tim, Ive learned so much since stumbling upon this forum a week ago.

-Mike
Old 01-05-2009, 04:39 AM
Speed Bag Guru

Kyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond repute
how did u cut such a perfect circle like that? i made mine like a "U" shape because i didnt know how to cut a perfect circle like that and im thinking about making another board for my sister who recently started boxing so i finially got her to try my setup and shes fallen in love but its way to high for her and she stuck standing on a foot stool and she said she wants her own then i can show her things as we both work. sorry little off topic but im just very pumped that shes finally hitting because ive been telling her for over a year to try it and she just wouldnt.
________
SUPERCLIT

Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011 at 07:44 AM.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:02 AM
Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

Speedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud ofSpeedbag has much to be proud of
Quote:
Thanks! The posters gives some extra motivation Oh and by the way Mr. Kahn after watching your videos its made me want to get into speed bagging so thanks!
Thanks and I'm glad you finally got under the board yourself. No need for the "Mr" formalities. We're all brothers of the bag here and go by screen names or initials.

looking forward to some video's.

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
*attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
The Quest Continues...
Onward to SpeedB.A.G. VIII! Summer 2017

The Art of the Bag
Old 01-05-2009, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
how did u cut such a perfect circle like that?
I don't know how he did it, but Lowes sells pine rounds that look very similar. They cost about $10 USD if memory serves.
Old 01-05-2009, 04:06 PM
Speed Bag Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedbag View Post
Thanks and I'm glad you finally got under the board yourself. No need for the "Mr" formalities. We're all brothers of the bag here and go by screen names or initials.

looking forward to some video's.
Video to come soon, any tips on how to improve would be awesome. I just ordered a Rival 10x7 bag. So when that comes in all put up my first video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
how did u cut such a perfect circle like that?
Yeah Tim is right, I bought it pre-cut like that at lowes for $16. It works great, I'm thinking about building the exact same setup in my garage for the summer