X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • m.breen
    • Jan 2017

Repairing snipped bladder

I have a brand new bladder that has the very top (tip), snipped off. Anybody got suggestions on how to repair this? I was thinking of sewing and gluing it. And before you ask....I have no idea how the top got snipped off. I still look at it and say...WTF. Thanks in advance for suggestions.
  • rdshackleford
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2016

superglue a patch on
    @ArcSwivel
    #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• m.breen
      • Jan 2017

Yeah. I will try to make a patch up...maybe in the shape of a spider. I hope this works. Getting bladders delivered to Toronto is quite pricey, so I try to keep all the ones I have. I currently have 2 bladders with 3 patches each. Those are both leaking again.

Comment

• REB
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Jan 2017

Originally posted by m.breen View Post
        Yeah. I will try to make a patch up...maybe in the shape of a spider. I hope this works. Getting bladders delivered to Toronto is quite pricey, so I try to keep all the ones I have. I currently have 2 bladders with 3 patches each. Those are both leaking again.
        Why not try Genesport in Montreal for your bladders. Their bladders are as good as any from the USA. I have them in some of my bags and get good response from them.

Latex
        Attached Files
        Last edited by REB; 10-18-2017, 07:24 AM.

Comment

• m.breen
          • Jan 2017

Thanks Reb. I think you mentioned it before. I will give them a try. Thanks.

Comment

• REB
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Jan 2017

Thanks Reb. I think you mentioned it before. I will give them a try. Thanks.
            Post how it worked out for you. Louise is who you want to deal with

Comment

• m.breen
              • Jan 2017

Originally posted by REB View Post
              Post how it worked out for you. Louise is who you want to deal with
              Now I remember why I did not go through Genesport. They do not respond to my e-mails. I can only try so hard to give them my business. Thanks anyways REB. I think this company no longer exists, the website can't be found now. I will try a phone call tomorrow.
              Last edited by m.breen; 11-01-2017, 02:15 AM. Reason: tried to access website.

Comment

• REB
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Jan 2017

Now I remember why I did not go through Genesport. They do not respond to my e-mails. I can only try so hard to give them my business. Thanks anyways REB. I think this company no longer exists, the website can't be found now. I will try a phone call tomorrow.
                Yep, the phone is the best way to order from

Comment

• m.breen
                  • Jan 2017

Oh no..... The 1 800 number is out of service. 1 800 361 6173. Would you happen to have another number? Thanks.

Comment

• REB
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Jan 2017

I have a connection that lives on the outskirt of Montreal and has dealt with Genesport themselves. I gave them a call today. It is believed that Genesport is in the process of moving to a new location. Montreal city is taking back many of the old buildings in the area of the city where Genesport was operating. So it is now a wait and see where Genesport sets up. Ain't that a bitch???

Comment

• m.breen
                      • Jan 2017

Thanks for the info. I will be patiently awaiting Genesports return.

Comment

• PunchDrummer
                        • Jan 2012

I've purchased the nice, bouncy, orange EverLast bladders before from Forza sports. I know you're concerned with shipping, and I can't address that, but those bladders are the absolute best. They are the type of rubber that will slowly leak air over the period of a week or two, but they're fantastic.

Forza Sports started from humble beginnings in 2008 and now offers a huge product assortment of the finest boxing, outdoors, fitness, and team sports brands. Our 115,000 sq. ft. facility is located in beautiful Pen Argyl, Pennsylvania, and our amazing Forzasports.com customer service team looks forward to serving you.

Comment

• m.breen
                          • Jan 2017

Thanks PunchDrummer. That site has the xs ringside ultra rebound bag I have been thinking of buying for $50. That bag is $150 in Toronto.
                          Last edited by m.breen; 11-03-2017, 03:46 AM. Reason: wrong spelling

Comment

• m.breen
                            • Jan 2017

Crap...The xs is out of stock!!!

Comment

• Bag Man
                              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by PunchDrummer View Post
                              I've purchased the nice, bouncy, orange EverLast bladders before from Forza sports. I know you're concerned with shipping, and I can't address that, but those bladders are the absolute best. They are the type of rubber that will slowly leak air over the period of a week or two, but they're fantastic.

http://www.forzasports.com/boxing-mm...ags/speed-bags
                              Been my experience as well.

Bag Man
                              "He [Marciano] was far and away the strongest man I've encountered."

Archie Moore

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...