How hard is it to remove TKO Swivels from a TKO platorm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MsDeville

• Oct 2009

How hard is it to remove TKO Swivels from a TKO platorm?

I received a question from a speed bagger who recently purchased a Deville ball-hook swivel. (He lives in another country.) I am not sure how to help him with his dilemma, so I thought I'd post it here with the hope that someone here on the forum can help solve his problem. Here is his message:
    "… I am facing a problem removing the old swivel (TKO) as the nuts are covered by the steel platform base ... Do you have any screw up attachment for your swivel?"

I have asked him to send me a few pictures, to help understand what he means. I will post them here if he sends some to me.

I always include a set of wood screws when I ship a swivel for those baggers who do not wish to go to the trouble of using lag bolts or carriage bolts. Even if there are pre-drilled holes in a drum (to accommodate large bolts), you can still opt to use the wood screws by simply rotating the swivel base and creating new holes for the swivel.

Has anyone had issues with a TKO platform regarding swapping out swivels? Any input is appreciated. Thanks.
    sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
    I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts
  • Dutchman
    Speed Bag Historian
    • Jun 2006

That's the rub, as TKO now offers several different styles of platforms, from the old stye wall mount, to a single post, one that is a copy of the IBox, and an a screw adjustable one.Other than the old style, it looks like there is steel above where the swivel mounts on the rest of them, which would account why they burried the nuts.

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
      I received a question from a speed bagger who recently purchased a Deville ball-hook swivel. (He lives in another country.) I am not sure how to help him with his dilemma, so I thought I'd post it here with the hope that someone here on the forum can help solve his problem. Here is his message:
      "… I am facing a problem removing the old swivel (TKO) as the nuts are covered by the steel platform base ... Do you have any screw up attachment for your swivel?"

I have asked him to send me a few pictures, to help understand what he means. I will post them here if he sends some to me.

I always include a set of wood screws when I ship a swivel for those baggers who do not wish to go to the trouble of using lag bolts or carriage bolts. Even if there are pre-drilled holes in a drum (to accommodate large bolts), you can still opt to use the wood screws by simply rotating the swivel base and creating new holes for the swivel.

Has anyone had issues with a TKO platform regarding swapping out swivels? Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
      That's the rub, as TKO now offers several different styles of platforms, from the old stye wall mount, to a single post, one that is a copy of the IBox, and an a screw adjustable one.Other than the old style, it looks like there is steel above where the swivel mounts on the rest of them, which would account why they burried the nuts.

Dutchman is correct. There are many TDO styles and most have metal above the board center. I would suggest taking the thing down and drilling out what is needed to change swivels easier.

on the other hand, every TKO board I have seen, or any other board I have seen from a factory setup, did not allow "bolts" with nuts to be used above the board. Every one had the swivel screwed into the board with screws going upward from the bottom. It is hard to image the description this bagger give
      "… (TKO) as the nuts are covered by the steel platform base ..."

So, is the metal "bent" to form over the nuts, or are the nuts imbedded into the wooden board? Most metal on top of a board is flat, so how did it get "over" the nuts.
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
        Dutchman is correct. There are many TDO styles and most have metal above the board center. I would suggest taking the thing down and drilling out what is needed to change swivels easier.

on the other hand, every TKO board I have seen, or any other board I have seen from a factory setup, did not allow "bolts" with nuts to be used above the board. Every one had the swivel screwed into the board with screws going upward from the bottom. It is hard to image the description this bagger give
        "… (TKO) as the nuts are covered by the steel platform base ..."

So, is the metal "bent" to form over the nuts, or are the nuts imbedded into the wooden board? Most metal on top of a board is flat, so how did it get "over" the nuts.
        Thanks Dutch, and Alan for your input. I think something has been lost in translation, regarding nuts being covered by the metal. He might have meant "bolt," which might make more sense. I think…

Wood screws are always included with the Deville swivel shipment, so I am thinking that this bagger might need to use them to attach the swivel and hopefully solves the dilemma.
        sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
        I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
        Working...