Clear All
  • Zaza
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2011

SPEEDB.A.G. V Best Western Discount Code

O.K. folks... we're all set & here's the scoop:

1. You must book your room by 6/10/2014

2. You must call the hotel directly to use the code & get the discount

3. The rate is $89.00 + taxes per night (King or Queen)

4. DISCOUNT CODE: CGBAGS

5. Discount covers reservations from 7/10 - 7/14

Hotel information:

Best Western Hotel
    3215 Highway 35
    Hazlet, NJ 07730
    732-888-2800

This is a great place to stay and very close to the Real Gymm...plus, most of us stay there so it's easy to catch a ride! Not to mention the free Continental Breakfast each morning. There is also a "Friendly's" restaurant about 50 steps from the front door!

All rooms are non-smoking.

Here's the web site, but remember, YOU HAVE TO CALL THEM DIRECTLY TO BOOK USING THE DISCOUNT CODE. (Nancy is always great to talk to)

I think that's everything, please let me know if I forgot anything. I look forward to seeing everyone in July.
    Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
    http://www.artofthebag.com
  • bbally
    • Jan 2013

I booked my dates. Making the effort to attend. Work could always screw it up, but for now I will fly in and then fly out from Thursday to Monday.

FYI, if you are a Harley Owners Group member and carry the Best Western rewards card you can get $80.10 for Thursday Night and Sunday Night and you will get 89.10 for Friday and Saturday night. Only 20 bucks difference, but if you carry that Harley benefit might as well use it and buy bourbon and beer with the savings.
    Last edited by bbally; 01-15-2014, 02:26 PM.
    sgt
    USMC 79-85

Thanks to all who continue to serve... and to those that answered the call in the past!

Comment

• Zaza
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Apr 2011

That's great! Looking forward to meeting you...and it is a blast, we always have a great time. I'm booked too.

Thursday afternoon/evening is when everything gets set-up... extra hands are always appreciated, hope to see you there!

Comment

• Tim
        Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Thanks Zaza for getting this set up!

Comment

• Zaza
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Apr 2011

Just bumping this thread again.... be sure to book your rooms fellow baggers, this is going to be another good one!

Comment

• MariW
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Mar 2014

My husband and I are going to try to make Speed bag V. We have only been involved with Speed bagging for a few months but we just love it and would love to see the Masters at work and learn as much as we can. How do these events usually work, is there a schedule? If I can't get Friday off from work, can we register for a portion of the event?

Comment

• Zaza
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Apr 2011

Originally posted by MariW View Post
              My husband and I are going to try to make Speed bag V. We have only been involved with Speed bagging for a few months but we just love it and would love to see the Masters at work and learn as much as we can. How do these events usually work, is there a schedule? If I can't get Friday off from work, can we register for a portion of the event?
              As Yoda would say, "Try not...do."

This is THE gathering you want to attend. As we get closer, Tim will post any scheduled events, but for the most part it's the greatest bunch of people you will ever meet hitting, sharing and teaching anything & everything 'Speed Bag'.

You usually start by meeting a group for breakfast, then it's off to the gym (and this year it will be the NEW Real Gymm!) for some hitting and great conversation. Keyport is a great little town and everything you need is right there, a few steps away from the gym. Groups break off for lunch and dinners too...it really is a blast. Then we're usually back at the gym till all hours of the night punching & talking.

There are some fun things being planned for this, the 5th year of the gathering. As always, you'll see demos of new moves and awesome speed bag prowess...and punchdrumming skills from the best baggers to be found. You can count on a 'Speed Demon' contest, which is something to see. Who knows, there might even be a screening of the film "Art of the Bag".

So... stay tuned...and don't miss it. You can register on-site for just a day or the whole weekend. Be sure to bring your video & still cameras, you never know what you're going to catch!

See you there...and welcome to the addiction.

Comment

• MariW
                Speed Bag Trainee
                • Mar 2014

Thank you very much. It sounds very exciting. We are looking forward to it. I will definitely bring my cameras!

Comment

• rehamco1
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
                  As Yoda would say, "Try not...do."

This is THE gathering you want to attend. As we get closer, Tim will post any scheduled events, but for the most part it's the greatest bunch of people you will ever meet hitting, sharing and teaching anything & everything 'Speed Bag'.

You usually start by meeting a group for breakfast, then it's off to the gym (and this year it will be the NEW Real Gymm!) for some hitting and great conversation. Keyport is a great little town and everything you need is right there, a few steps away from the gym. Groups break off for lunch and dinners too...it really is a blast. Then we're usually back at the gym till all hours of the night punching & talking.

There are some fun things being planned for this, the 5th year of the gathering. As always, you'll see demos of new moves and awesome speed bag prowess...and punchdrumming skills from the best baggers to be found. You can count on a 'Speed Demon' contest, which is something to see. Who knows, there might even be a screening of the film "Art of the Bag".

So... stay tuned...and don't miss it. You can register on-site for just a day or the whole weekend. Be sure to bring your video & still cameras, you never know what you're going to catch!

See you there...and welcome to the addiction.
                  Hi My husband and I just got our reservations today really looking forward to meeting everyone.

Comment

• Zaza
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Apr 2011

Originally posted by rehamco1 View Post
                    Hi My husband and I just got our reservations today really looking forward to meeting everyone.
                    Excellent! This is always great fun...even with Alan's bad jokes.

Comment

• Speedbag
                      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Excellent! This is always great fun...even with Alan's bad jokes.

I resent that statement. Don't Kahnfuse Bad Jokes with Bad Breath.

by the way, I just bought a new house. It's a Kahndominium.

Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                      The Quest Continues...
                      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Zaza
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                        I resent that statement. Don't Kahnfuse Bad Jokes with Bad Breath.

by the way, I just bought a new house. It's a Kahndominium.

...and so it begins...

Comment

• Speedbag
                          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

...and so it begins...
                          aaah, I got a million of them. We will kahntinue in July.

Ok, one more. I tried out for a role in the movie "Transformers".

....you know who I wanted to be

(hint: he was a Deceptikahn)
                          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                          The Quest Continues...
                          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Zaza
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Apr 2011

O.K. folks... the "Special" rate goes away today. Nancy called from the Best Western and said she would be there till 2:30pm(EST) today if you'd like to book at the special rate.

So far there's only been 6 bookings, so if you're coming, save a bit and book you room now.

All details can be found in the firt post of this thread.
                            See you there!
                            -Zaza

Comment

• Eric
                              • May 2014

Sb v

Currently trying to arrange to come to my first Speed Bag event !!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...