Looking for an attractive speed bag (I know it sounds silly)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jumpy
    • Feb 2008

Looking for an attractive speed bag (I know it sounds silly)

Howdy everyone.

I bought my first speed bag platform not too long ago. Well low and behold, I found a thrift shop that was selling the same platform, better swivel and an Everlast 4210 bag with it. For 20 bucks, I thought that it would be a great back up bag and swivel.

Well, since I'm moving into a larger place with a garage, I thought that I'd put up not only my actual work-out/daily platform up in the garage, but put up the second one up in the living room. Partially for decoration, but also for when it is too hot to work out in, or when I am having a get together and people want to try it out with out going to the garage.

So here is it, since this second platform is going to be more or less decoration, I'm looking for suggestions for a nice looking speedbag (x-small to medium sized). Links to photos work too.

It's strange that I like how a speed bag looks mounted in my place, that I’d use one for decoration.
  • dbirdmma
    • Jan 2008

very nice at a steal price. here are some links so some nice looking small bags. that are also greatto hit.

good luck finding the right one hope it helped.

Comment

• Tim
      Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Jumpy View Post
      So here is it, since this second platform is going to be more or less decoration, I'm looking for suggestions for a nice looking speedbag (x-small to medium sized). Links to photos work too.
      I'd go either Rival or the Everlast 4200. Not only are these bags good looking, they are also great to actually hit!

Rival , really nice looking design

Everlast 4200

Comment

• Jumpy
        • Feb 2008

Thanks dbirdmma and Tim. I've seen the 4200 in person and even if I'm not the biggest everlast fan lately, I like that one so far.

Fitness equipment as decoration...I'm starting to sound like my folks.

Comment

• dax_q
          • Jan 2008

I wish they would make those title classic bags in more sizes with some more color options. I am still really impressed with those bags.

Comment

• Speedbag
            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Jumpy View Post
            Howdy everyone.

I bought my first speed bag platform not too long ago. Well low and behold, I found a thrift shop that was selling the same platform, better swivel and an Everlast 4210 bag with it. For 20 bucks, I thought that it would be a great back up bag and swivel.

Well, since I'm moving into a larger place with a garage, I thought that I'd put up not only my actual work-out/daily platform up in the garage, but put up the second one up in the living room. Partially for decoration, but also for when it is too hot to work out in, or when I am having a get together and people want to try it out with out going to the garage.

It's strange that I like how a speed bag looks mounted in my place, that I’d use one for decoration.
            Rival does have an attractive bag design. I gotta believe that This unit with a rival bag would be creme' de la creme.

This one ain't too shabby either. Wish it was my back porch.
            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• riqal
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Aug 2006

The everlast pro 6 x 4 bag is a great bag if you like being able to feel the bag that you hit. I know some extra small bags are like hitting air - NOT THIS ONE! It has a very nice shape, too. This bag is sooooo attractive with it's banana shape that I think I have fallen in love with it.

Comment

• Jumpy
                • Feb 2008

Originally posted by riqal View Post
                The everlast pro 6 x 4 bag is a great bag if you like being able to feel the bag that you hit. I know some extra small bags are like hitting air - NOT THIS ONE! It has a very nice shape, too. This bag is sooooo attractive with it's banana shape that I think I have fallen in love with it.

thanks for the advice. I found this and I think that I might give it a try when I need to treat myself to something.
                At Ringside, we are serious about fight sports, especially boxing and MMA. We offer the best prices on boxing equipment in addition to videos, tutorials, and guides. Low-cost shipping guaranteed!

I now have a everlast 4200 (black) and I'm not sure if I just need to break it in, but I'm not thrilled with it yet. I hope that I just over inflated it or something.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...