• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dsmith2296
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Dec 2007

Reverse punches are hard

I am now venturing into reverse roll punches and find it quite immasculating. Any pointers? Does bag size matter more?
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by dsmith2296 View Post
    I am now venturing into reverse roll punches and find it quite immasculating. Any pointers? Does bag size matter more?

Here is a previous post on Reverse Fist Rolling with some tips on ways to work on it.

Let me know if you need more help, or perhaps someone else has a tip on how they did learned it.
    Last edited by Speedbag; 01-13-2008, 03:29 PM.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• dsmith2296
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Dec 2007

I set up a speed bag platform for my 4 year old boy. I bought him a X-Small (6" x 4") bag. I use a 10 x7 and have been having trouble reverse punching. Anyway, I tried out the 6 x 4 and it was much easier to reverse punch.

What size bag do you guys use when reverse punching and does this make sense?

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by dsmith2296 View Post
        I set up a speed bag platform for my 4 year old boy. I bought him a X-Small (6" x 4") bag. I use a 10 x7 and have been having trouble reverse punching. Anyway, I tried out the 6 x 4 and it was much easier to reverse punch.

What size bag do you guys use when reverse punching and does this make sense?
        Your question makes sense, I'm just not sure if it makes a difference...

the only difference I could see in bag size is your position while reverse punching. With a larger bag you need to step or lean to the side a bit when doing Reverse Single Punching (RSP), which gets your nose and face more to the side and out of the way (if you stand pretty close to the bag). But for Reverse Double Punching (RDP) and Reverse Fist Rolling (R-Roll), you would have to lean back a bit with the larger bags. You probably don't have to with a small 6x4, but it takes a lot of fist control to maintain Reverse Fist Rolling on a small fast 6x4. I would think that level of fist control would allow you to also control the larger bag.
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
        Working...