• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Monkeyboxer15
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jan 2008

What is the fastest speed bag??

Hi this is my first post. Im 15 and I have been in boxing for a little while. I was wandering if you guys could tell me, in your opinion, what the fastest speed bag is. I have the Everlast 6X4,and I can hit it with the front and back one bounce fist roles and hit it ok sideways. I am desperately looking for a faster bag. Also does any one have feedback on the Top Contender 7X4, the Rival 6X4, and I was wandering about the Grant Campeon bag I saw skunk use on a youtube video. My mom called them and they said the small had a 5X8 size. Is it really 5X8 or 6X4. Please help!!
  • Roc Stone
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2007

Personally I've found that anything under the Top Contender 6x9 to be too light in weight. I'm picking up a Cleto Reyes in the next few weeks, I'll let you know how they go.
    sigpic'IRON HORSE, LIVE TO RIDE'

Comment

• Tim
      Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Monkeyboxer15 View Post
      Also does any one have feedback on the Top Contender 7X4, the Rival 6X4, and I was wandering about the Grant Campeon bag I saw skunk use on a youtube video. My mom called them and they said the small had a 5X8 size. Is it really 5X8 or 6X4. Please help!!
      I own the Top Contender 7x4 and I've hit Skunk's Grant Campeon at the last Orlando meet.

The Grant Campeon is the smallest bag I've seen yet, definitely smaller than the TC 7x4. I don't know how it compares to the Rival. I have hit the Rival 8x5 and it's got more weight to it than a typical 8x5. If you want a small bag that still has some weight to it, the Rival may be your best bet.

I believe this is the Rival 6x4 in action.

Here's another clip

That's BillyMack - the man with possibly the worlds only motorized speed bag platform, who is a member here, but hasn't posted too much lately.
      Last edited by Tim; 01-30-2008, 07:04 AM.

Comment

• Tim
        Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Monkeyboxer15 View Post
        My mom called them and they said the small had a 5X8 size. Is it really 5X8 or 6X4. Please help!!

Title boxing doesn't carry the 6x4 size, only the 8x5.
        you've got to order the 6x4 direct from Rival. I'm guessing your mom called Title?

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Roc Stone View Post
          Personally I've found that anything under the Top Contender 6x9 to be too light in weight. I'm picking up a Cleto Reyes in the next few weeks, I'll let you know how they go.
          I find the Cleto Reyes bags a bit heavier than others, and the same for pro-mex.
          I have the 8x5 in both bags and to me they seem a bit heavy on the hands. Nice shape and movement though.
          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• riqal
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Aug 2006

I have the top contender 7 x 4 and it moves slower than the everlast 6 x 4 (which I also own). That is primarily because of the longer loop on the TC. The TC is actually a shorter bag than the everlast bag.
            Last edited by riqal; 01-30-2008, 12:59 PM.

Comment

• roberthelpus
              • Dec 2007

At some point you need to just settle on a set-up and work at it. Collecting gear is fun and all that but I am sure that folks that are better and more experienced at this than I will tell you that it is practice, technique, and control that will get you speed.

I've got the cheap Title Turbo 7"X10". Maybe by this summer I will buy a 6"X9".

Comment

• Monkeyboxer15
                Speed Bag Trainee
                • Jan 2008

Thank you everybody for your input. Tim that motorized platform is pretty cool. Thank you riqal Im not going to get the TC. Im also seriously considering getting the rival, but Im still interested in getting the grant bag. Mainly because rival charges 30$ for shipping. Does anyone have experience with the grant campeon bag, wich is on sale right now for 39.99 http://www.ringside.com/detail.aspx?ID=25895
                Again thanks everybody and Alan your book is awesome.
                P.S. this forum is awsome
                Tim my mom called grant they got a new toll free customer service number. I wanted to get it if it was a smaller size bag. Wich you say it is. Honestly I trust you more. Because I don't think the guy my mom talked to ever hit it.
                Last edited by Monkeyboxer15; 01-30-2008, 01:46 PM.

Comment

• Monkeyboxer15
                  Speed Bag Trainee
                  • Jan 2008

Hi I just got the rival bag , thanks everybody.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...