X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JasonDMX2
    • Feb 2008

products and techinques for conditioning a bag

What is the reccommended products and techniques for conditioning a chafed, worn, new or otherwise speed bag?
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

As far as breaking in new bags, nothing beats lots of punching (with gloves if necessary)

Comment

• JasonDMX2
      • Feb 2008

Well, that's the problem. My heavier 4208 is well broken in with bare fists and it's developing a little bit of a chafed appearance. I just thought I'd make the question a little bit more all-encompassing than my situation only.

I imagine any leather conditioner would do, but if anyone has had some experience here, chime in!

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by JasonDMX2 View Post
        Well, that's the problem. My heavier 4208 is well broken in with bare fists and it's developing a little bit of a chafed appearance. I just thought I'd make the question a little bit more all-encompassing than my situation only.

I imagine any leather conditioner would do, but if anyone has had some experience here, chime in!
        I have always used and recommended neatfoot oil to treat the leather or mink oil.

I have used both with satisfaction. Particularly in areas of weather extremes or multi-users who tend to use the bag both over and under inflated, which crinkles or stretches the leather.
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Kyle
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
          I have always used and recommended or mink oil.
          i use mink oil non stop on my leather baseball gloves and it works amazingly!!!
          ________
          Live sex webshows
          Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011, 06:38 AM.

Comment

• Speedbag
            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Big_Nesticles View Post
            i use mink oil non stop on my leather baseball gloves and it works amazingly!!!
            The man that taught me speed bag used to keep neatsfoot oil in his workout bag he carried to use on his speed bags 'cause lots of people were punching them, and they got covered in sweat, which dries and the salt is bad for the leather. I later changed to mink and it does work great.
            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• JasonDMX2
              • Feb 2008

Do you guys use the mink oil paste you can buy in the shoe isle or something else? My bag was ran under inflated in its earlier life and I'm trying to ease the checking on the belly of the bag.

Comment

• Kyle
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Nov 2006

i dunno wut exactly its called but its the consistency of vaseline.
                ________
                Freida cam
                Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011, 06:38 AM.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...