• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • riqal
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Aug 2006

Update on title lighting fast swivel

I wanted to let you guys know how the title lighting swivel is doing after extended use. What I began to notice after several weeks of use is that the swivel has become unstable and clanky. The rotating piece has become loosely connected to the base of the swivel. There is a lot of play and clank when I use it. Does anyone else have this swivel, and have you noticed similar problems. Still faster than the other bolts, but damn the instability is a bummer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • rdshackleford
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2016

That is unfortunate. Can you post some closeup pics of the problem areas? I was considering buying one to compare to my own swivels.

-Rusty
    @ArcSwivel
    #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• riqal
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Aug 2006

Update on title lighting fast swivel

Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
      That is unfortunate. Can you post some closeup pics of the problem areas? I was considering buying one to compare to my own swivels.

-Rusty

On the cylindrical piece the stem attached to it that goes up in the base is loosely connected. It wiggles a lot. Still a good swivel and definitely worth having. Works best with stiffer loops. Instability is exasperated with softer, more malleable longer loops.

Comment

• rdshackleford
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Oct 2016

Excellent, thanks for the pic and detail.

Fatigue and wear of metal upon metal surface contact is a real thrill killer for speed bag swivels.

-Rusty

p.s. out of curiosity, why only 3 screws mounting the swivel? Did the holes not line up properly?
        @ArcSwivel
        #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• riqal
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Aug 2006

Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
          Excellent, thanks for the pic and detail.

Fatigue and wear of metal upon metal surface contact is a real thrill killer for speed bag swivels.

-Rusty

p.s. out of curiosity, why only 3 screws mounting the swivel? Did the holes not line up properly?

Couldn’t quite get the fourth screw to line up. I figured three would hold just fine

Comment

• BagBoy
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Jan 2018

Hmm

Now I'm wondering if I should hold off getting this one. They have the combo set consisting of the lightning fast swivel and lightning fast bag for $89. over at ringside. Damn, I really want one, is it possible you got the one lemon of the bunch? Hmm
            Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• riqal
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Aug 2006

Originally posted by BagBoy View Post
              Now I'm wondering if I should hold off getting this one. They have the combo set consisting of the lightning fast swivel and lightning fast bag for $89. over at ringside. Damn, I really want one, is it possible you got the one lemon of the bunch? Hmm

Even with the clank and instability the lighting fast swivel is the best u-bolt on the market. The clanking is actually minimal with the right bag. For example, the clank is almost unnoticeable with the ringside heritage bags, especially the 6” bag. Also works well with Everlast MX bag. Those bags have stiff loops. Now the clank is bad with the title gyro bags, because those loops are long and malleable. Doesn’t work as well with softer loops.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...