Boxing Gear's® Speed bag Swivel - precision ball Swivel (Steel)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • watkinsfitness
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Apr 2017

Originally posted by ventanakaz
    ...Thank You, I know I talked to you years ago when I tried to order one but forgot your name
    It may have been me. Never know.

Originally posted by jaja6009 View Post
    Yeah I ordered one too. It seems like with the Deville, Swiveltek and some of the ones listed on Ebay, if you hesitate they're gone.
    Yours is going out tomorrow as well. Thanks for the order! I hope this process is much smoother for everyone than it may have been in the past.

Comment

• jaja6009
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Dec 2016

Not a bad day for Watkins. Post about swivels being available, and most are already sold within the hour. People are not even home from work yet. Lucky for me I'm on vacation.

Comment

• watkinsfitness
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Apr 2017

Not a bad day for Watkins. Post about swivels being available, and most are already sold within the hour. People are not even home from work yet. Lucky for me I'm on vacation.
        Not a bad day at all. Plus, I get to run through some tests with the new website on how it handles orders, shipping, etc.

That doesn't mean that there will be delays. Just learning how the process works because it's the first sales we've had with the new system.

Cheers!

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by watkinsfitness View Post
          Not a bad day at all. Plus, I get to run through some tests with the new website on how it handles orders, shipping, etc.

That doesn't mean that there will be delays. Just learning how the process works because it's the first sales we've had with the new system.

Cheers!
          I liked The Watkins (Boxing Gear in old days), as far as form and function. I only fell of the swivel when it wasn't available and I got wind of all the backorders. But when a company steps up. owns the errors and tries to make good by putting out a great product with excellent customer services, ....than they deserve another shot. The Speed Bag World always needs a good ball hook swivel that is easy to get.

My initial review of it about 10 years Ago....

Welcome Back. You might send one to Real Gym

19 W. Front Street
          Keyport, NJ 07735

realgymm@gmail.com
          Tel: 732.670.2345

In time for the Speed Bag Gathering #8, July 13-16 and we'll put it up and have some of the country's finest Baggers give it a test. Tons of video's will be shot.

Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• watkinsfitness
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Apr 2017

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
            I liked The Watkins (Boxing Gear in old days), as far as form and function. I only fell of the swivel when it wasn't available and I got wind of all the backorders. But when a company steps up. owns the errors and tries to make good by putting out a great product with excellent customer services, ....than they deserve another shot. The Speed Bag World always needs a good ball hook swivel that is easy to get.
            Send me a private message. Might be able to help get it out there in time!

Comment

• watkinsfitness
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Apr 2017

Originally posted by ventanakaz
              ...if you start making these up again, you should make the eyebolt and S-hook shorter, More like the old Everlast, Of course also have the wide opening on the S-hook to accommodate for the wider loops of todays speed bags.
              It's definitely something we'll look into.

Comment

• watkinsfitness
                Speed Bag Trainee
                • Apr 2017

UPDATE!

Found out from the manager that we have extra ball and swivels available for separate purchase. I know a few of you have been asking for them. I only have 10 available at this point.

Here's the link:

Comment

• REB
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Jan 2017

UPDATE!

Found out from the manager that we have extra ball and swivels available for separate purchase. I know a few of you have been asking for them. I only have 10 available at this point.

Here's the link:
                  https://fitness-equipment.com/produc...g-swivel-steel
                  Are these eye bolts and hooks made differently than the eye bolt and hook of the recently sold swivels? Are these made as to the eye bolt and hook Ventanakaz described?

Comment

• watkinsfitness
                    Speed Bag Trainee
                    • Apr 2017

The extra ball and hook are to the same spec as the ones that come with the speed bag swivel. Unfortunately, we're not able to make the changes suggested right away. They'll need to be revised on the next batch.

Comment

• watkinsfitness
                      Speed Bag Trainee
                      • Apr 2017

Hi all! It looks like I only have 1 precision ball swivel left. May the odds be ever in your favor! We are in contact with the manufacturer to have more made with your feedback to make it as close to your recommendations as possible! This may take some time, so please bear with us.

In addition, we do have the ball-bearing bicycle-style all steel swivel available for purchase. It's a STEAL (pun intended) of a price for this type of construction.

ALL STEEL BICYCLE-STYLE SPEED BAG SWIVEL

I am offering Free Shipping to anyone who is a member of the SpeedBagForums.com. Regular price of this swivel is $29.99, I'm listing it for $19.99.

In order to receive the free shipping discount, please PM me for the code.

Finally, I want to thank YOU for trusting us for your orders, questions, comments, and recommendations. Since we established ourselves on the forums, we have been able to send out numerous Speed bag Swivels, and hopefully those that have received our products are happy with them.

All the best,

Andrew

Comment

• jaja6009
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Dec 2016

Does this bike chain swivel lower unscrew and then screw onto your ball hook upper/base?.

Recommendations for a new swivel. The ball hook swivel needs a short s/hook. Your current design needs to be shorter over all. Keep the shook width the same so you make sure as many bags as possible fit since there is such a large variation in bag loop widths. It would be a big plus if you could have the lower base screw off and be able to screw on that bike chain lower. That way you could have two different types of swivels and not have to remove the screws to the board to switch between. Sometimes I like to hit on ulinks and bike chains for speed doing boxing style triplet. If you make this swivel sign me up for three off the bat.

Comment

• Speedbag
                          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Hi all! It looks like I only have 1 precision ball swivel left. May the odds be ever in your favor! We are in contact with the manufacturer to have more made with your feedback to make it as close to your recommendations as possible! This may take some time, so please bear with us.

In addition, we do have the ball-bearing bicycle-style all steel swivel available for purchase. It's a STEAL (pun intended) of a price for this type of construction.

ALL STEEL BICYCLE-STYLE SPEED BAG SWIVEL

I am offering Free Shipping to anyone who is a member of the SpeedBagForums.com. Regular price of this swivel is $29.99, I'm listing it for $19.99.

In order to receive the free shipping discount, please PM me for the code.

Finally, I want to thank YOU for trusting us for your orders, questions, comments, and recommendations. Since we established ourselves on the forums, we have been able to send out numerous Speed bag Swivels, and hopefully those that have received our products are happy with them.

All the best,

Andrew
                          Andrew,

I got the Ballhook I just ordered. Thanks, it Looks really sweet. I like the wider opening on the "S" hook. Glad you kept that option...

Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                          The Quest Continues...
                          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• watkinsfitness
                            Speed Bag Trainee
                            • Apr 2017

Does this bike chain swivel lower unscrew and then screw onto your ball hook upper/base?.
                            That's correct. The base plate is the same design as the ball hook design, so they're interchangeable...to a degree.

However, there are two pieces to the bicycle swivel. The base plate and the bicycle attachment.

The ball hook requires three parts. The base plate, the screw-in attachment to hold the ball hook in place, and the ball hook itself. You won't be able to get the bicycle swivel and order an extra ball and hook and make it work, which is why we're very low on those.

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                            Andrew,

I got the Ballhook I just ordered. Thanks, it Looks really sweet. I like the wider opening on the "S" hook. Glad you kept that option...

Glad you like it! I'm currently going through inventory again, I might have a couple of more ball hook swivels that I can sell as a whole. I'll know in a few hours.

EDIT: Took me more than a few hours, but I found 12 of them, ready to go!
                            Last edited by watkinsfitness; 07-27-2017, 12:20 PM. Reason: Addition to post with new inventory.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                            Working...