• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Turned the 4' rack into a squat rack/power rack

That's the 4' rack upside down, with some metal things mounted to hold the barbell. Makes a pretty good squat rack and general power rack.

I haven't squatted in years, hoping to get back into it. (starting from scratch again - that massive 65 lbs is where I'm starting)
    Attached Files
  • Joe
    • May 2010

You will make the Ross Training and the CrossFit crowd proud with that setup!! Homemade equipment is where its at.

I am not doing
    Last edited by Joe; 08-13-2010, 11:19 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

• SpeedKilz
      • Dec 2009

If you didn't say so I would have thought that was built specifically for doing squats. Were you looking to build a rack or just wondered what that thing looked like upside down and got lucky?

Comment

• Tim
        Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by SpeedKilz View Post
        If you didn't say so I would have thought that was built specifically for doing squats. Were you looking to build a rack or just wondered what that thing looked like upside down and got lucky?
        Truth be told when I was first putting it together I figured 4' would be the optimal width for an Olympic Bar. The fact that the middle supports ended up in the right spot was coincidence though.

Comment

• th65
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Feb 2011

This looks like it will work great. I often look around the house, and online, to locate ways to increase my lifting options at home. It is so much cheaper when you can work out at home. It is great that you are sharing what you have done with all of us.

Comment

• Avadia
            • Nov 2010

Looks like a great squat rack, Tim. In no time, you will be progressing to better weight. I started lifting again in September, with nothing but the bar. I am now up to 180 lbs. for 3 sets of 10 on the back squat.

Comment

• Heppsan
              • Jan 2011

Looks great!!

Thumbs up and good luck!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...