• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fingers
    Speed Bag Guru
    • May 2008

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
    Alan, this was so profound for me. This thread says so much about the art of "playing the bag." And you explained it so well. You are definitely our Guru here on the board. I'm still such a novice, and I seem to have a hard time grasping the "technicalities" of speed bagging.

But, I guess I'm not letting it get in the way of "playing" the bag anyway. At this (early) stage of my bagging, I have some favorite punches and combinations, and when I turn my music on, I just GO. It doesn't necessarily have to have a heavy drum beat or anything (my music choices are eclectic, as my videos can attest to that! )... but I do know this... I have to feel the music. And, I have to be comfortable enough to execute whatever punch comes to me – sometimes just a split second before I hit the bag – you just ... know what's right at that moment. Well, that's my take on it...

Boy, that's for sure!

fingers! Seriously?! You played semi-PROFESSIONAL blues harmonica?! Soooo cool. I was recently told that the harmonica is a very hard instrument to master. And it's a funny coincidence that someone just left a comment on one of my speed bag videos... I checked out his channel and he has posted several short clips of himself playing the harmonica...while traveling throughout Europe (I think he's Belgian). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2PMjsIbYzU

I would love to hear you play on your blues harp!! Any chance of you posting something online for us, perhaps?

Thanks Mrs D!! i played in numourus bands in bars, clubs, outdoor street partys, weddings, army camps charity blues events, but alas i have no recordings i havnt played for about 5 years i still get asked to stand in occasionaly and still have all my harps amp and micks i may be able to dig out a few photos and one day i may post some solo stuff.....but my dog goes mad when i start playing...but then i never take it personaly they were great times and the harp seems to be loved by all.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
    Working...