Go Back   Speed Bag Forum > Heavy Bag and Double End Bag

Heavy Bag and Double End Bag The "other" bags - heavy bag, double end bag, and any other non-speed bag boxing or martial arts equipment discussion.

Old 01-15-2008, 02:08 PM
Speed Bag Trainee

boxing noob is on a distinguished road
Height of double end bag

Hi on what hight are u supposed to hang the double endbag? + i have a problem my room is not high! Is it a problem that the upper rope(elastic) is like 4times shorter then the lower robe when i hang ball on chin level. Wouldnt this create a weird bounce? And are u supposed to ware gloves?
Thx

ps this forum is amazing it really got me into boxing first the speedbag wich turned out to be awsome!but now i like to try this to
Old 01-16-2008, 12:33 PM
Speed Bag Trainee

Jonzel is on a distinguished road
I have the everlast yellow & black double end bag.
It came with an elastic bottom cord and a nylon rope (Non-stretchy) top cord. I adjusted the length of the top cord so that when I hit the bag its as if I were punching someone exactly my height in the face.
I'm not sure about the rebound if you have 2 elastic cords, Hang it up and see what happens.
Old 01-20-2008, 11:05 AM
Speed Bag Guru

metaldad has a reputation beyond reputemetaldad has a reputation beyond reputemetaldad has a reputation beyond reputemetaldad has a reputation beyond reputemetaldad has a reputation beyond reputemetaldad has a reputation beyond reputemetaldad has a reputation beyond reputemetaldad has a reputation beyond reputemetaldad has a reputation beyond reputemetaldad has a reputation beyond reputemetaldad has a reputation beyond repute
Go to YouTube, type in double end bag and check out the video by Grim X from Worldboxingforums.com. Very informative video about setup, height, tension and technique
Old 01-21-2008, 10:44 PM
Speed Bag Guru

atgatt is on a distinguished road
For me, I'll put the bag at different heights since I have the upper cord that easily adjust differently. I'll also hit it straight, downward, upward, sideways, etc.

Who says that it just has to be hit straight? Does a real fight just require straight punches? Plus, I like the weird returns it gives when it is not hit straight.