• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BigDogDaddyD
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jul 2018

Everlast 4200 Series Size Chart

Does anyone have any old chart, ads, or info on the size and weight differences in the 4200 series of Everlast speed bags? I know they may have changed through the years. Specifically looking for difference between 4200, 4208, 4210 , 4211, 4212, 4213, and 4214. Thanks in advance.
  • rdshackleford
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2016

These were posted by others here previously.
    Attached Files
    @ArcSwivel
    #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Dutchman
      Speed Bag Historian
      • Jun 2006

Was just about to dig this catalog out, bravo Rusty!

Comment

• BigDogDaddyD
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Jul 2018

Thank you

Thanks for the information folks.

I contacted the Everlast people, asking if they had a newer chart to reflect the line of 42xx bags both past or present. Sad to say, they acted like they had no idea if such a chart existed. They were unable to help with any new information.

So if anyone has any new info on the current 42xx bags, I would certainly appreciate you sharing it.

FYI: On a side note... when you order "Art of the Bag" movie posters from the web site, not only do you get 2 posters for the price of one, but they send you a signed 3rd copy as well.

Comment

• BagBoy
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Jan 2018

Were the black 42's from an earlier decade than the reds or did the line just happen to come in two colors?
          Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• Dutchman
            Speed Bag Historian
            • Jun 2006

Bear in mind that the current Everlast company is a whole different outfit from the one that made those bags. It seems that they are more concerned with putting the company name on all kinds of clothing than the products that made the name famous once

Comment

• Dutchman
              Speed Bag Historian
              • Jun 2006

Originally posted by BagBoy View Post
              Were the black 42's from an earlier decade than the reds or did the line just happen to come in two colors?
              The black 4200's were the "pro" line of bags. The red bags made up the institutional line (the ones with the smooth leather and the black piping) the red bags with the pebble grain and no piping were intended for general sporting goods store sales.

Comment

• paranday
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                The red bags...
                Ah, the red bags. The 4205 is a masterpiece.

Comment

• rdshackleford
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Oct 2016

Originally posted by paranday View Post
                  Ah, the red bags. The 4205 is a masterpiece.
                  I could not agree more. How can a giant bag like the 4205 be so light, punchy, and fun? Slo-mo and hurts so good!
                  @ArcSwivel
                  #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• jaja6009
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Dec 2016

Originally posted by BigDogDaddyD View Post
                    Thanks for the information folks.

I contacted the Everlast people, asking if they had a newer chart to reflect the line of 42xx bags both past or present. Sad to say, they acted like they had no idea if such a chart existed. They were unable to help with any new information.

So if anyone has any new info on the current 42xx bags, I would certainly appreciate you sharing it.

FYI: On a side note... when you order "Art of the Bag" movie posters from the web site, not only do you get 2 posters for the price of one, but they send you a signed 3rd copy as well.
                    I have a video on several 4200 bags. This only covers 4200 and Everlast 9x6 bags and also a John Golumb 4200 bag (His family used to own Everlast and he ran the production floor at one point) but I do cover the Everlast 4200, Everlast 4200/Elite, Everlast Elite 4241 9x6, Everlast 9x6 Kangaroo Leather, John Golomb 4200 Kangaroo and the Title Gyro 9x6 bags.

It is a shame what Everlast has become!

In the picture you have:
                    Everlast Professional Series 4200
                    Everlast 9x6 in packaging that has a 4200 part number but also called Elite
                    Everlast 4241 9x6 - Their current 9x6 bag
                    John Golomb 9x6 Kangaroo Leather bag
                    Title Gyro 9x6 - In my opinion, a tribute to the Everlast mainstay

Missing from the picture is the current Everlast 220901 9x6 Kangaroo leather bag.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Guardian5
                      Speed Bag Trainee
                      • Aug 2018

I found on eBay an Everlast 4209 and I couldn't find a size for it in any searches. So I figured I'd share the size with everyone here. The 4209 is the exact same size and shape as my 4202 (11" x 8"). The 4210 and 4213 are also listed as the same size, but have a slightly different shape.

Comment

• BagBoy
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Jan 2018

While helping my senior neighbor move a pool table in yesterday I was surprised to see that he had a 4205 hanging on the wall among all his old and aged collectables. I offered him $50. for it, he smiled and said he would only part with it when he "assumes room temperature" Alas, I wish him a much longer life
                        Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• Speedbag
                          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Guardian5 View Post
                          I found on eBay an Everlast 4209 and I couldn't find a size for it in any searches. So I figured I'd share the size with everyone here. The 4209 is the exact same size and shape as my 4202 (11" x 8"). The 4210 and 4213 are also listed as the same size, but have a slightly different shape.
                          This is from 1994. 4209 not listed.....

of course none of their black "pro" bags are listed either...

I found this picture from
                          VINTAGE EVERLAST BLACK Leather Boxing Punching Speed Bag #4209 - $9.99. FOR SALE! Vintage Everlast leather speed bag # 4209 Comes with the swivel. (Doesn't look like the original one) A couple of scuffs on the back of the bag, but overall in great condition for its age and purpose. Still holds air! 273533403830

This will also be interesting to Dutchman and Paranday.....
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Speedbag; 05-28-2019, 07:53 PM.
                          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                          The Quest Continues...
                          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                          Working...