• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BagBoy
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Jan 2018

Title replacment bladders in non title bags

I searched the site for an answer to this question so I hope it's not redundant.

I'd like to replace all my cleto and especially my ringside heritage bladders with Title orange bladders. Can I do this being that they are not exactly the same shape of bag?
    My guess is, yes of course. But I wanted to ask before I order up a bunch.

Any feedback is very much appreciated.
    Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo
  • Dutchman
    Speed Bag Historian
    • Jun 2006

Oh most definitely! I currently have an order of their large bladders in route. Just match up your bag size to their chart and you are good to go. These are glue in bladders, but I have installed them without doing that. The only problem with that is when they bleed down (and all latex based bladders will do that at varying rates) the valve will move away from the hole. Sometimes you can massage the bag so that the valve will align with the hole. Other times you have to unlace the bag and do it over. Using contact cement, while time consuming and can be a bit messy if you are not careful, is the way to go.BTW Title bladders come with those installation instructions.

Comment

• BagBoy
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Jan 2018

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
      Oh most definitely! I currently have an order of their large bladders in route. Just match up your bag size to their chart and you are good to go. These are glue in bladders, but I have installed them without doing that. The only problem with that is when they bleed down (and all latex based bladders will do that at varying rates) the valve will move away from the hole. Sometimes you can massage the bag so that the valve will align with the hole. Other times you have to unlace the bag and do it over. Using contact cement, while time consuming and can be a bit messy if you are not careful, is the way to go.BTW Title bladders come with those installation instructions.
      Thank you Dutchman, I'm very glad to hear/read that. The only bladders I've changed out are the ones that come with my cleto bags. I didn't use any glue, just kind of massaged the valve through and gently held it as I pumped it up.

Just picked up an Ali authentic 6" and it has a great lively bounce and like all my other Title bags it holds it's air very, very well.
      Thanks again, I'll pick up a batch o' bladders.
      Last edited by BagBoy; 10-15-2018, 01:35 AM.

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• BagBoy
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Jan 2018

Put a medium title bladder in my 6" heritage and the thing is bouncier than ever. Really fast and lively, and holds air as well as any other bags I have.

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
        Working...