• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tobs3n
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Apr 2008

which fill is the best for a heavy bag

Hi,

I have a 3 feet heavy bag at home, it's filled with textile goods. I will get a second one, which is unfilled (4,6 feet). my problem is to have enough filling, because the filling of the old one isn't enough. my idea is to fill the bottom with dry maize(in a separate bag). it's cheap and can get it from a farmer in town. in middle and top i want to arrange textile goods and dry maize in layers. my target is to make the bag heavy and hard, but not too hard.

Hope you have some tips for me.
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

I've never tried to make a heavybag like that, sorry. I have Rolled up old floor rugs, then tightly wound and bound them with rope and duct tape to make low level kicking targets, but never one like you're saying. It sounds like your plan would work though.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• tobs3n
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Apr 2008

i have to try it, and if it's a good filling i'll post it. experience is all about.
      your tip with a rolled up flour rug is a good idea too. you have a straight shape from top to bottom.

Comment

• Tim
        Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

I like water bags ... cheap to ship , easy to fill.

Comment

• sidecarr
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Jul 2008

I used 1" closed cell ruber duct insulation for the 2 outside layers then used sand in the middle packed in with the fiber fill till I reached the top of the bag ,punches real nice no hard spots .

Comment

• HooDat
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Nov 2007

Sidecar, where did you purchase the 1" close cell duct insulation?

Comment

• sidecarr
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Jul 2008

englar supply in chicago ,but they should have them at any hvac supply house

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...