X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Geronimo
    • Sep 2009

Advice on New setup

Well currently in my garage I have a solid homemade wood non adjustable set up with metal Shook swivel and a 12x8 . On my Everlast cheapo 50$ platform I have my Ezpro U hook swivel with my Promex 8x5. I was about to go build a NICE homemade set up from Homedepot but when I added it all up the way I wanted to build it, well it was breaking 160$. For this money I can get the 95$ Everlast adjustable one, that Ive been looking at and seeming alot of you all use that one. But I wanted some opinions from you folks before I make my choice. Ill be probably giving my old Everlast 50$ special to my brother so this will be replacing that one when I get my new one pending which I order.
  • Biff
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

I guess you have to ask yourself the question "Is it worth the extra ~$60 to build my own nice platform?" List the pros and cons of each choice and then you'll have your answer.

Some pros for the Everlast - under $100 and adjustable
    Pros for the homemade unit - made the way "you" want it, probably sturdier with less vibration.

List your cons for each, and go from there. In any event, post up some pix of the finished product. Good luck with your decision.

Comment

• metaldad
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Apr 2007

Geronimo, at that price for the Everlast platform, you TRULY will not be disappointed. Look at some of the clips in pictures and videos and you will see quite a few of us hittin on one, most notably, SpeedbagSkunk, Spinsmashpop has one in his home I believe, Goju just got two, Biff has one, I have one. Mine was $139.00 a year ago, now it's down to 96$ I hear. If it's still at that price then definitely get one. Even at the price I paid it is worth it. For a cheap platform, it is durable. All I did was add a duffle bag with two sansbags(40lbs?) and I got no issues! Any other members with one wanna comment?
      Last edited by metaldad; 09-22-2009, 02:56 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

• The Baggist
        Vert Baggin' Master
        • May 2009

I definitely dig on that Everlast platform. Also if you plan on baggin with friends or family its nice to have adjustability.

Comment

• mikerehab
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Jul 2008

Everlast adjustable

When I bought the Everlast Adjustable it was down to $109. It is well worth it.

Comment

• Speedbag
            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

I have hit that everlast wall unit and it is rock solid. It's the best unit I've seen for that price. It holds up as well as wall units that cost x3 higher.
            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• spinsmashpop
              Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Hey Geronimo. Go to Walmart.com. Order the 96.00 Everlast. I just ordered two. Have them deliver it to the store for no shipping. Mine came a week earlier than projected. They look cool, and with a little weight on top they are solid. And all of the "Speed Bag Truck" vids show this model. Alan Kahn has commented many times on the sturdiness of the platform.
              You can't beat the price for an adjustable platform.
              Look at the picture Goju put up recently of his double speed bag station.

For this price, I bought two and plan on having speed bag parties!
              But I do dig the home made ones too. I just like how out of the box I am ready to bag in minutes!
              BAG ON!

Comment

• Geronimo
                • Sep 2009

Lastnight I ordered one, got 2 day free shipping so Ill have it tomorrow sometime. This way when my brother / friends or wife/brother are using my set ups, I got my new one that I can bag on. My brothers addicted to it, so I figure give him my 50$ everlast set up or if he wants build him a Homedepot setup. That will leave me with 2 still in my garage. < If I didnt live in an apartment I'd already have one inside =/ ! < Next year with my own house I'll probably have a handful of SB set ups around the house driving my wifes cat nutz!

Comment

• Jordan
                  • Jun 2009

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
                  Hey Geronimo. Go to Walmart.com. Order the 96.00 Everlast. I just ordered two. Have them deliver it to the store for no shipping. Mine came a week earlier than projected. They look cool, and with a little weight on top they are solid. And all of the "Speed Bag Truck" vids show this model. Alan Kahn has commented many times on the sturdiness of the platform.
                  You can't beat the price for an adjustable platform.
                  Look at the picture Goju put up recently of his double speed bag station.

For this price, I bought two and plan on having speed bag parties!
                  But I do dig the home made ones too. I just like how out of the box I am ready to bag in minutes!
                  BAG ON!
                  haha, only tichy would think of having 3 of the same platform....that'd be crazy to see.

Comment

• Dutchman
                    Speed Bag Historian
                    • Jun 2006

You need to see the pics of Skunks place

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                      Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                      You need to see the pics of Skunks place
                      That is because Skunk is completely out of his mind, and because of that, became one of the 2 best speed baggers on the planet!
                      In his bedroom, his office, by his pool table, on the back of his truck, on a tree, with his feet, on a wall, 4 under one huge platform.... and now an entire stable of them in his gym... he was Bagified before Bagification became hip! Well, it has always been hip, I was unhip! He is the ultimate Psycho Speed Bagger!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                      Working...