• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BagBoy
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Jan 2018

Re-Looping An Old Bag

Surely this has been done before..? I have this very old Tuf-Wear bag that is in perfect working condition. However it has this not so healthy loop. Thinking of taking it to a shop and having a new loop installed but first I wanted to ask if any of you have ever done such a thing.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by BagBoy; 01-11-2019, 10:21 PM. Reason: picture
    Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo
  • Dutchman
    Speed Bag Historian
    • Jun 2006

Yes it's been done before, I believe that Vent has done it several times.

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by BagBoy View Post
      Surely this has been done before..? I have this very old Tuf-Wear bag that is in perfect working condition. However it has this not so healthy loop. Thinking of taking it to a shop and having a new loop installed but first I wanted to ask if any of you have ever done such a thing.

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
      Yes it's been done before, I believe that Vent has done it several times.
      Yes, I had several bags fixed back in the '70's that way. There was a shoe repair / leather goods shop across from the YMCA where I lived (Memphis Tenn). Back then we used tuf-wear and everlast 4200 a lot, both have narrow loops. I had several loops repaired or replaced with a leather strip. He also repair a few seam tears. The 4200 would get a seam tear at the contact points or just above. When the bladder started pooching out I would have it sewn. Desperate times took desperate measures. Back then I had to save to spend $40-$50 bucks on a speed bag so I was much more inclined to take care of them and extend their life. Might be hard to find places like that now, but he also made me a lifting belt with my name etched across the back.

Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Dutchman
        Speed Bag Historian
        • Jun 2006

There was a saddlery shop in town that I dealt with for business purposes. If it was made with leather, they could do it. They have moved several times since the business I worked for was liquidated, lost track of them.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
        Working...