X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rdshackleford
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2016

Only a little. I'm nursing a sore basal thumb joint, which I think is unrelated to speed bagging, but I have to cool it for a while.

First impressions is a very nice bag. In another thread I was looking for a bag between the Title gyro 7x10 and the Title big blue 11x14. This one fills that spot nicely. Takes a really solid boxing style hit to get it hopping. Actually, this bag makes me want to upgrade my platform, or at least put a sand bag on top. Its too much bag for the X-Mark.

-Rusty
    @ArcSwivel
    #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• rdshackleford
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Oct 2016

Also, I put an Everlast bladder in there and I really don't like that POS. The needle barely penetrates, have to press in pretty hard in order to fill it, then it leaks pressure within 24 hrs. I'm gonna swap in a Title bladder as soon as it arrives.
      @ArcSwivel
      #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Dutchman
        Speed Bag Historian
        • Jun 2006

This was the bladder with the snap in valve? The trick to those is once you have it installed is to trim the exposed part down. Then the needle goes in all the way properly. I have had some of these bleed down over a couple of days tho

Comment

• rdshackleford
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Oct 2016

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
          This was the bladder with the snap in valve? The trick to those is once you have it installed is to trim the exposed part down. Then the needle goes in all the way properly. I have had some of these bleed down over a couple of days tho
          The bladder of my rant is http://www.ebay.com/itm/381428857172

I have noticed that Forza is not careful to put an accurate picture in their eBay listings. The bladder I received did not look anything like that. It looked like a Title bladder with a slightly longer nipple. But it leaks air, so useless.

-Rusty
          @ArcSwivel
          #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Dutchman
            Speed Bag Historian
            • Jun 2006

You are not the first one to have an issue with Forza, I pretty much deal with either Title or to a lesser extent Ringside for new stuff.

Comment

• rdshackleford
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Oct 2016

Originally posted by ventanakaz
              ...I guess I have been pretty lucky with Forza, I haven't ordered to many things but I have not had a problem with them yet
              I really don't have an issue with Forza. They are good prices and quick ship. And I understand they are using products pics from manufacturers, not taking their own photos. I blame Everlast on this one. FU China.
              @ArcSwivel
              #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• rdshackleford
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Oct 2016

...I think you might have the thicker leather one, Like I talked about before at some point Everlast model 4213 and 4205 changed the leather to a thicker leather which made those bags heavier and slower, I have no idea when that happened, Like I said before I have four 4213s and two 4205s. Three outta the four 4213s don't take a lot of muscle to get them to move, in fact they are very fast bags, The fourth bags is of the thicker leather and takes a lot more to get bouncing, It's like night and day, That forth bag is more like a workout muscle bag. The old me would have offered to send you one of my fast bags so you can compare, But I don't trust to many people anymore.
                I wouldn't trust a guy who calls himself rusty shackleford. lol

I bet I do have the thicker leather. It's still a primo vintage bag and it has its place in my lineup. Its very nice smooth leather and looks like it will last forever. I'll keep my eye out for older vintage.
                @ArcSwivel
                #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• paranday
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Sep 2009

Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
                  I wouldn't trust a guy who calls himself rusty shackleford. lol
                  Are you known by that name on YouTube?

Comment

• rdshackleford
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Oct 2016

nope.
                    @ArcSwivel
                    #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• rdshackleford
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Oct 2016

...I think you might have the thicker leather one, Like I talked about before at some point Everlast model 4213 and 4205 changed the leather to a thicker leather which made those bags heavier and slower, I have no idea when that happened, Like I said before I have four 4213s and two 4205s. Three outta the four 4213s don't take a lot of muscle to get them to move, in fact they are very fast bags, The fourth bags is of the thicker leather and takes a lot more to get bouncing, It's like night and day, That forth bag is more like a workout muscle bag. The old me would have offered to send you one of my fast bags so you can compare, But I don't trust to many people anymore.
                      hey, can you post a couple of closeup photos of a fast one versus a slow one? I'd like to compare the look of the leather and other details with my bag. Thanks.

-R
                      @ArcSwivel
                      #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• rdshackleford
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Oct 2016

Originally posted by paranday View Post
                        In my view, the biggest mistake Everlast ever made was dropping bags such as the 4205 and 4213 from the line up. They are a connection to a former time when things really were made better. I love those bags.
                        paranday, I've read a few posts you made praising the 4205. What is it about that bag you like so much?

-Rusty
                        @ArcSwivel
                        #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• paranday
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Sep 2009

paranday, I've read a few posts you made praising the 4205. What is it about that bag you like so much?

-Rusty
                          Large sized bag with a great rebound and feel.

Comment

• rdshackleford
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Oct 2016

Originally posted by paranday View Post
                            Large sized bag with a great rebound and feel.
                            That is how I would describe my big blue Title Super 10x12. Have you tried that one, and if so could you compare them?

-Rusty
                            @ArcSwivel
                            #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• paranday
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • Sep 2009

That is how I would describe my big blue Title Super 10x12. Have you tried that one, and if so could you compare them?

-Rusty
                              I haven't changed out the bladder in my Title big blue. As it stands it feels dead. I like the shape of the Everlast better, but that's just personal preference.

Comment

• rdshackleford
                                Speed Bag Guru
                                • Oct 2016

Elementary, Watson. The one on the right is the fast one. Despite having the same Olympic logo as my slow one, the leather is cracked and worn indicating both the leather is thinner and that you prefer it and therefore hit it more.

-Sherlock
                                @ArcSwivel
                                #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                                Working...