X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MMurphy162
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Feb 2012

Or a cotton ball between the drum and ball works for this too.

Comment

• southtexaskevin
      • Jan 2012

mine also has a small knocking sound, but i dont mind it. i looked into it after reading this post, and my conclusion is the ball is lifting a bit when i miss a hit, even a slight miss hit, and the noise from mine is the ball setting back into place on the plastic, not from the ball jumping up to the wood. i lifted the ball slightly and let it drop and it makes the noise. it doesnt seem to mess up the action of the bag, its more my hits messing up the action

this swivel really makes me get accurate with my hits, there is a huge difference between the cheep chain ling i was using. i havent had much bag time thanks to spring break, i have been working late and it turns out my neighbors arent fans of the bag haha.... but i can get it going as fast if not faster than my old one on a simple front triplet.

Comment

• shacke
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Feb 2012

Well the fix is in.

I weighted it down both with a bucket of Beadex and some 5L jugs of gel. While I think the gel works better, they are a bit more expensive that the beadex.

The knocking I now hear is the knocking that is on everyone elses and it has definitely diminished with the added weight.

The bag - as Dee predicted - is also a LOT faster. That - along with the ball hook mechanism - forces you to work on form! It started going in all different directions.

Thanks to everyone - it's now perfect - and I have practice to do

Evan

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by shacke View Post
          Well the fix is in.

I weighted it down both with a bucket of Beadex and some 5L jugs of gel. While I think the gel works better, they are a bit more expensive that the beadex.

The knocking I now hear is the knocking that is on everyone elses and it has definitely diminished with the added weight.

The bag - as Dee predicted - is also a LOT faster. That - along with the ball hook mechanism - forces you to work on form! It started going in all different directions.
          Thanks to everyone - it's now perfect - and I have practice to do

Evan
          Sure, Blame the Swivel, I do it all the time.

....it doesn't care, really.
          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...