• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Digger7
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Dec 2011

"Heavy" Speed Bag

Just bought a Rival speed bag (has "RSPD 107" printed on it). On the good side, it holds air forever, doesn't leak a drop. On the bad side, it's slightly out of round. Also, it feels very thin and light, almost like I am punching a balloon.

Are there any brands / models of speed bags that have some weight to them? I want to feel like I am punching something more substantial.
  • Dutchman
    Speed Bag Historian
    • Jun 2006

Off the top of my head I don't know of any domestic suppliers that have their bags made out of the heavy cow and horse hide that used to be used up until the late 1970's early 80's. Which is the reason that most of my bags have been purchased used off of eBay. You can still find old school bags in good shape there, sometimes with little to no visable wear.

Comment

• juxt
      Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

the aries pro bags are pretty heavy

Comment

• Zaza
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Apr 2011

Originally posted by ventanakaz
        ...out of the bags i have the fightingsports black & white 6x9 is on the heavy side but you'll have to change the bladder to the title orange bladder cause the stock bladder rebounds slow...ralph
        I love the FS 6x9 (with the original bladder) BECAUSE it's heavier and takes a more forceful punch to get the rebound. Punch away on that for awhile, then I move to a lighter NOS Ringside 6x9 and it flies!
        Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
        http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
          I love the FS 6x9 (with the original bladder) BECAUSE it's heavier and takes a more forceful punch to get the rebound. Punch away on that for awhile, then I move to a lighter NOS Ringside 6x9 and it flies!
          that's exactly right and I've been using the same bag for learning lately. I really like the white / black paneling, which tells me immediately with the spin if I mis hit or not. I'm also trying to regain some stamina in my left shoulder, and doing one arm combinations and fist or elbow double bumps on this can get challenging quick.
          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...