X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bag-A-Holic
    • Apr 2011

***WARNING*** Fishy Business- Bag tampering/possible counterfeit too

Ok so I was eager to get my self a Lonsdale peanutball. Went right to the source, Lonsdale, but they only had a small, so I order that one any way and then continued my search for the peanut. I came across a sporting store in the UK called Millet Sports in UK. They had the peanut ball I was looking for and ordered it immediattly. I arrived today but to my surprise the peanut looked bigger than the small I already got from Lonsdale. I pumped it up anyway to see how much bigger it was and clearly it was way bigger. Hmmm, so I inspect the package it came in and it says small not peaanut and also the bag itself says small. But Im stilll confused because even if it were a small it shpould be the same size as the small I already have. I took the neasurements and it was 10 x 7 which corresponds to a regular??? Ok so upon further inspection, I notice that the letters arent stiched on so well and clear, like the one from Lonsdale, and then I see it, The regular was on the bag and was removed and a small was added. You can see a light smear on it too like it wasnt given time to dry when put back in the package. See pics below... What a bummmer!!!!! I cant' wait to see what Millet will say about this. I will call them tommorow and report back.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Bag-A-Holic; 12-31-2012, 02:51 PM.
    -Anthony
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Looks like they sent the wrong bag. Could be an honest mistake by new holiday staff. Maybe
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Bag-A-Holic
      • Apr 2011

We'll sending the small size instead of the peanut size I would agree and consider an honest mistake. But this bag is a size regular, disguised as a small. If you click on the pictures and look real close to where is says small(on the big bag), it says regular right behind/next to it. Someone tried to remove where it said regular and put the letters small on the bag. you can see it actually smeared a bit too. Also if you look at the stitching on the speedbag it looks nothing like the one I got from lonsdale online store. The lettering is all worn out and frayed and not even, the "on" in lonsdale it not even with the rest of the lettering and all the lettering is frayed like its been used also. Its always possible that they took a return back from someone who pulled a fast one on them and did a switcharoo with a counterfeit, but we'll see what they say. I'll be calling them first thing in the morning and report back.

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
      Looks like they sent the wrong bag. Could be an honest mistake by new holiday staff. Maybe
      -Anthony

Comment

• Bag-A-Holic
        • Apr 2011

Ok spoke to Millet Sporting in the UK, this morning. They seemed to be very busy and didn't want an explanation, as long as it wasn't the correct size, they said they are sending return shipping labels to me to return speedbag, and say they will work on getting me the correct size ASAP. In addition, I just sent them a detailed email with pictures showing the tampering and defects.
        -Anthony

Comment

• ebozyn
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Oct 2010

HAHA! Awesome Antny72. Stick it in their faces, and make sure they can't ignore the issue.

Originally posted by Antny72 View Post
          Ok spoke to Millet Sporting in the UK, this morning. They seemed to be very busy and didn't want an explanation, as long as it wasn't the correct size, they said they are sending return shipping labels to me to return speedbag, and say they will work on getting me the correct size ASAP. In addition, I just sent them a detailed email with pictures showing the tampering and defects.

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Yikes, it sure looks like it's a "knockoff" of the original Lonsdale speed ball. I hope you get to the bottom of this.
            sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
            I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Dutchman
              Speed Bag Historian
              • Jun 2006

This is something that I would bring to Lonesdale's attention. It could be that the facility that is actually making the bags may be up to no good, and one of these snuck out in a legitimate shipment. If that is the case I wouldn't blame the store staff per se, they probably really don't pay that much attention to the details.

Comment

• Bag-A-Holic
                • Apr 2011

Ok so I finally got an email back from Millet with respect to the pictures and details of the tampered with speedball. They sent thier apologies and are unsure how something like this could of happened. They also informed me that they don't have the Peanut ball in stock either, and would have to give me a refund. They did not send me shipping labels, but gave me an address in Massachusssets?, to send the return too, and that they would reimburse me for those shipping charges as well.

In addition I also emailed the pictures of the speedball to Lonsdale, to make them aware, and maybe find out some additional info in the matter.
                -Anthony

Comment

• Chrysler
                  Speed Bag Trainee
                  • Oct 2010

Mine is marked 'peanut Ball' (not Small etc) also ive tried to show its size next to a Cleto 10" x 7" for scale.
                  Also embroidery is very good and on two panels 180' apart and the bag is great.

Interested to know what happens, theres some poor quality stuff about now im afraid.

Good Luck
                  Regards Nige
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Bag-A-Holic
                    • Apr 2011

I wll keep all posted on how theis turns out. As of now the spedball has been returned to an address in Massachusetts and just waiting on my full refund plus all shipping. Also still waiting for a response from Lonsdale.

Now as far as my venture for a peanut bag, I'm a little confused now. I just noticed some pics on the forum of the peanut next to a fighting sport medium and it looked the same size??? I posted the picture and comparinson of my Authentic Lonsdale size small, bought from Lonsdale directly. I was under the impression that the peanut was smaller than the size small?? But I'm a little confused now? Can someone maybe clear this up? Does the size go Peanut, Small, Regular, respectively?

Nige do you have dims of that peanut? I see it next to the 10x7 but would really like to know waht the actuall size is and maybe compare that to another members peanut bag as well to see if they match up. I was just under the impression from the advertisement, that the Peanutball is much smaller than most bags. Which now it doesn't appear to be.

These are the advertisements:

(This is from lonsdale store, and it's avaiable in small and regular)
                    Lonsdale Authentic Speedbag:
                    This Lonsdale Authentic Speed bag is perfect for improving hand eye co-ordination or for just keeping on top of it and keeping your skills in tip top condition. This Leather speed bag also features a leather reinforced nylon mounting loop and the Lonsdale London logo to the middle.

> Lonsdale Speed bag
                    > Strong leather reinforced with nylon mounting loop
                    > Genuine top grade leather outer cover
                    > Improves hand eye co-ordination
                    > Strong double stitching ensures durability
                    > Fully lines for strength, speed and durability
                    > Storage case included
                    > Lonsdale logo

Product code: 762293

Then this peanut is at Millet and other third party retailers

LONSDALE Authentic Peanut Ball

15151-L211

Hand crafted authentic genuine cow hide leather ball with extra heavy duty leather and nylon loop attachment. This ball is much smaller than a normal speed ball and designed for professional use.

Ok I posted my pic of my small Lonsdale in comparison to a xs Cleto 8x5 and a balaz lazer 8x5. I measured the small and I would say it is about 8.5 x 5.5

So long story short, if the Lonsdale size Peanut is the same size, or bigger than the Lonsdale Small, then I'll just stick with my Lonsdale Small I already have.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Bag-A-Holic; 01-01-2013, 03:49 PM.
                    -Anthony

Comment

• Chrysler
                      Speed Bag Trainee
                      • Oct 2010

Its about 8" x 5", a lot smaller than bags (balls) typically used here i guess. Here it is by a Ringside XS, hope it helps.

Regards Nige

Comment

• Chrysler
                        Speed Bag Trainee
                        • Oct 2010

Oops ,sorry heres the pic.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Bag-A-Holic
                          • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Chrysler View Post
                          Oops ,sorry heres the pic.
                          Oh what size is the xs ringside? 8x5 or 7x4?

Actually it would be good to see the Lonsdale small next to the peanut. For some reason I'm now thinking the peanut is bigger than the small for some reason.
                          Last edited by Bag-A-Holic; 01-01-2013, 05:05 PM.
                          -Anthony

Comment

• Bag-A-Holic
                            • Apr 2011

Originally posted by ventanakaz
                            ...i had those ringside bags (the set) and that looks to be the 4x7 also had the 5x8 and 6x9...those bags didn't like the way i hit them, blew the seam out on the 6x9 and punched the others outta shape in about two weeks ;-)...ralph
                            2 week lifespan on all of them? Gee, what were you hitting them with a bat or doing round houses on them?? Maybe it was a defective batch and not the way you hit them. What did Ringside say, and did you get a refund? 2 weeks is well within the warranty period.
                            -Anthony

Comment

• Zaza
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Antny72 View Post
                              2 week lifespan on all of them? Gee, what were you hitting them with a bat or doing round houses on them?? Maybe it was a defective batch and not the way you hit them. What did Ringside say, and did you get a refund? 2 weeks is well within the warranty period.
                              I have all those NOS Ringside bags too...been hitting them for 2 years straight...they are the best bags I own. Never had a problem, really high quality leather that is easy on the hands. They have never even needed any leather conditioner either. The 9x6 is my most favorite!

....which reminds me....I have to get another 9x6 before these bags are gone!

(FYI: that's the 9x6 in my user icon and in the Art of the Bag trailer!)
                              Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
                              http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...