• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Biff
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Speed BAG X

Hello Baggers
    Now that Speed BAG IX is in the books, I wanted to start a discussion on Speed BAG X. This will be the 10th anniversary of our speedbagging community gathering. I want everyone on the forum to consider attending next year’s gathering. I hope we can make this the best ever.

I am in the process of trying to contact the original group of baggers, and hope that most, if not all, can make a return appearance. I know there have been a few baggers that made all (or most all) of the gatherings - SpeedBag (AK), of course, G-town (Louis) and Juxt (Justin) as well. Last time I spoke with Deano, he expressed interest in attending. I’m not sure about his Dad, Ted, but if he’s up to travel, I would love to see him there as well. Other SpeedBAG 2010 attendees: Tim (Tim Platt, our founder), Spinsmashpop (Brian Tichy), MsDeville (Denise Mandeville), SpeedBagSkunk (Zach Ruffo), TJ (TJ Matee), Piefurz (Greg), SpdyTommyT (Tom Tabino), Eighty-Eight (Jack), and SpeedBagScissorHands (Adam). My apologies if I missed some folks. Some of the original group of baggers have been on hiatus from the forum, but I hope I can encourage them to attend.

Of course, all current active and inactive members are encouraged to attend. I would like to see 30 or more members make this event. Some current and and longtime members: Dutchman, Paranday, Zaza, SpeedbagAtaraxis, Ventanakaz, Rehamco1, BagBoy, Rdshakleford, Jaja6009, Regal, Reb, Fedora, Davidlwilkie, PunchDrummer, Ebozyn, Novaspeedbagger, DeePooler, MetalDad, ToolBoxDiver, if at all possibile, please try to attend. Start saving $10/week (if possible) in a SB account to help pay for the event. Again, forgive me if I’m leaving anyone out.

Baggers around the world, if Deano made the first, maybe you could attend the 10th! Think about it.

It’s impossible to mention all our members, but certainly all our active members from the past few years, please consider putting this on your calendar for next year. I will check with RealGymm (Donny) and post the dates ASAP.

Let’s keep up this thread for any and all discussion about SpeedBAG X. If we’re going to do this the right way, we will need a few people to step up and help with planning. I’ll take the lead, but I’ll need some assistance. Free free to jump in the deep end with me.

EDIT: I took down the FB SpeedBAG X Group since it’s silly to have a separate group just for this event. The FB SpeedBAG Annual Gathering Group does a great job with getting out information as well.
    Last edited by Biff; 07-18-2018, 10:46 AM.
  • G-Town
    Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

Sbx

Already made reservations!!! SBX Real Gymm doesn't get better than that! The 2nd Annual Powerlifting Contest...Maybe Speedbag Skunk will bring some "Bar Power" It's going to be epic!!! Save the $$$ let's do this.

Comment

• BagBoy
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Jan 2018

I live about 3,000 miles from Keyport NJ, and I've already looked into my itinerary. Think I'll have to fly out of here on the Tuesday night and land in Newark on the Wednesday night.

EDIT; I know it's extremely early but any idea on when the exact date will be announced?
      Last edited by BagBoy; 07-20-2018, 07:52 PM.
      Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• Tim
        Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Biff View Post
        If we’re going to do this the right way, we will need a few people to step up and help with planning. I’ll take the lead, but I’ll need some assistance. Free free to jump in the deep end with me.
        I will help as well.

How are we doing on equipment at Real Gymm? Did anyone take a platform inventory?

Comment

• Biff
          Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Originally posted by BagBoy View Post
          I live about 3,000 miles from Keyport NJ, and I've already looked into my itinerary. Think I'll have to fly out of here on the Tuesday night and land in Newark on the Wednesday night.

EDIT; I know it's extremely early but any idea on when the exact date will be announced?
          No exact dates yet. If we have a “crowd”, we may expand to Th, F, Sa. Preliminarily, we are looking at July (11), 12, 13, wrap-up on Su a.m. (14).

AK, can you confirm or correct?
          Last edited by Biff; 07-21-2018, 06:51 AM.

Comment

• Biff
            Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Originally posted by Tim View Post

How are we doing on equipment at Real Gymm? Did anyone take a platform inventory?
            Can anyone who attended SB IX chime in?

Comment

• rdshackleford
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Oct 2016

EDIT: I took down the FB SpeedBAG X Group since it’s silly to have a separate group just for this event. The FB SpeedBAG Annual Gathering Group does a great job with getting out information as well.
              And with 180 members, most of which are not on this forum, lots of visibility.

-Rusty
              @ArcSwivel
              #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Zaza
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Apr 2011

I have to make this one...Biff, you have my direct email, I'll help anyway I can!
                Cheers!
                Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
                http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• Speedbag
                  Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
                  I have to make this one...Biff, you have my direct email, I'll help anyway I can!
                  Cheers!
                  ZAZA IN THE HOUSE!

Art of the bag returns!
                  Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                  *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                  The Quest Continues...
                  Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Biff
                    Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
                    Cheers!
                    Glad to hear! Bring your camera. Hope all is well, Joe.

Originally posted by G-Town View Post
                    Already made reservations!!! SBX Real Gymm doesn't get better than that! The 2nd Annual Powerlifting Contest...Maybe Speedbag Skunk will bring some "Bar Power" It's going to be epic!!! Save the $$$ let's do this.
                    Thanks G.

I heard back from Skunk; he’s starting to save and definitely wants to come.
                    Deano is a definite “maybe” at this point. Ted is out.
                    Brian said he would be there if he’s not on tour.
                    TommyT said he and Becky will be there.
                    No word yet from Denise, TJ, ScissorHands, or Jack.

velocidadedaluz got in touch with me, and said Dee Pooler expressed interest in coming to X.
                    Last edited by Biff; 07-25-2018, 08:48 PM.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Glad to hear! Bring your camera. Hope all is well, Joe.

Thanks G.

I heard back from Skunk; he’s starting to save and definitely wants to come.
                      Deano is a definite “maybe” at this point. Ted is out.
                      Brian said he would be there if he’s not on tour.
                      TommyT said he and Becky will be there.
                      No word yet from Denise, TJ, ScissorHands, or Jack.

velocidadedaluz got in touch with me, and said Dee Pooler expressed interest in coming to X.
                      Have "Dee" Would be a huge addition. You just have to experience him "live" to get the full affect.
                      Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                        Having "Dee" Would be a huge addition. You just have to experience him "live" to get the full affect.
                        Update: 8-11-18.

Just had long conversation on the phone with Dee Pooler and he IS planning on attending Speed Bag X.
                        Last edited by Speedbag; 09-16-2018, 04:20 PM.
                        Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Cazbag
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Sep 2018

Hello baggers.. Just joined the forum but long time listener first time caller. Really considering checking out the big 10th event and was wondering if July 11th thru 14th was pretty certain??

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Cazbag View Post
                            Hello baggers.. Just joined the forum but long time listener first time caller. Really considering checking out the big 10th event and was wondering if July 11th thru 14th was pretty certain??
                            If it's held, that will be the date. And there is no reason that I know of right now that it would NOT be held. It's been the weekend after the 4th of July week for the past 7 years.
                            Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• rdshackleford
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • Oct 2016

#SpeedbagX perhaps?
                              @ArcSwivel
                              #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...