X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Aerosmith and ... MsDeville?!!! yup.

I did a little redecorating in the woodshed/workout area recently. Not sure if I like it...but I had some special visitors* over today and I wanted it to look purdy for them!

I taped this last Sunday night, and finally decided to upload it to YouTube. And surprise of surprises, they haven't deleted the music – yet!

But, there are these pop-up ads that are a bit distracting...(the Steven Seagal ad is the most distracting, because all you see are his eyes and I can't make the ad go away while the video is playing. Oh well...)

*More to come about my special visitors... stay tuned.

Attached Files
    sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
    I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

very nice! The pop up ads are a new way to react to copyrighted material. Instead of just deleting people's copyrighted sound or some visuals they are just running pop-up ads with it. I'd much rather have them junk it up with ads versus remove the sound. Punch drumming without the sound loses it's luster.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Aug 2010

Another Great video Ms D! That is a long song and your striking was crisp and clean all the way through and I'm not counting the side punches! Great Elbow strikes! I like the spinning letters on the mid video titles as well! Thanks for posting again!
      Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• fingers
        Speed Bag Guru
        • May 2008

Great work MrsD!! one advert said i have won an I phone......can i have it now please!!

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
          very nice! The pop up ads are a new way to react to copyrighted material. Instead of just deleting people's copyrighted sound or some visuals they are just running pop-up ads with it. I'd much rather have them junk it up with ads versus remove the sound. Punch drumming without the sound loses it's luster.
          Yes, I'm with you Alan, I'll take the pop-up ads anytime versus the muting of the original audio... I want to hear every single beat (and mis-beat ) of the bag!

Originally posted by fingers View Post
          Great work MrsD!! one advert said i have won an I phone......can i have it now please!!
          Thanks, fingers! Boy, that would be cool to win an iphone! I've had one for about a year and I love it! It comes in handy during my workouts (there's a built-in ipod AND video camera). Oh yeah, and there's a phone, too... It can do almost anything. Well, it still can't run the vacuum cleaner or wash dishes. Gee, I wonder if we could get free (international) minutes when talking to each other on our iphones... probably not! Guess I'll stick with this form of communication on the forum message board! I prefer this over telephones anyway.

Originally posted by novaspeedbagger View Post
          Another Great video Ms D! That is a long song and your striking was crisp and clean all the way through and I'm not counting the side punches! Great Elbow strikes! I like the spinning letters on the mid video titles as well! Thanks for posting again!
          Thanks, nova! I've had such a re-awakening of my love for music. And, now, with the added ability to punch-drum along with all sorts of music it's even more enjoyable! I still have far to go to perfect this "talent" . I wish I had been more serious about music in my youth...

BTW, I've been enjoying your recent punch-drum videos. I hope more people will be inspired to give it a try. I can't find the thread now, but I think I read that Tim has been doing a little more punch drumming lately. I think with his lightning speed on the little silver speed bag, he could easily punch to "Flight of the Bumblebee!" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6A-JYbu1Os
          sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
          I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Tim
            Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
            I did a little redecorating in the woodshed/workout area recently. Not sure if I like it...but I had some special visitors* over today and I wanted it to look purdy for them!
            Oh the mystery !!!! Can't wait to hear more.

I taped this last Sunday night, and finally decided to upload it to YouTube. And surprise of surprises, they haven't deleted the music – yet!

But, there are these pop-up ads that are a bit distracting...(the Steven Seagal ad is the most distracting, because all you see are his eyes and I can't make the ad go away while the video is playing. Oh well...)
            As Alan pointed out, they have new (better) ways to react to copyright material. It actually depends on which mega-corporation owns the rights to the music. For some songs they still strip off the audio, but for a good amount it will embed ads and links to buy the song. This is definitely preferable to losing the audio!

I'd much rather have them junk it up with ads versus remove the sound. Punch drumming without the sound loses it's luster.
            x2. Watching punch drumming with no sound is the pits!

Thanks, nova! I've had such a re-awakening of my love for music. And, now, with the added ability to punch-drum along with all sorts of music it's even more enjoyable! I still have far to go to perfect this "talent" . I wish I had been more serious about music in my youth...
            Great punch drumming Dee, and to a song that is not easy to punch drum to!

I can't find the thread now, but I think I read that Tim has been doing a little more punch drumming lately. I think with his lightning speed on the little silver speed bag, he could easily punch to "Flight of the Bumblebee!" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6A-JYbu1Os
            I absolutely have been punch drumming I'm hoping to make it to STL in January and PUNCH DRUMMING will be the thing to do at that event, as Joshua has quite a bit planned around that. I've been practiciing almost every day. BUT I've not got anything internet worthy just yet... going to keep working on it. I'm still looking for a good song that I know instinctively that is widely popular. Most of what I listened to in my youth is not very familiar to most people.

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by Tim View Post
              I absolutely have been punch drumming I'm hoping to make it to STL in January and PUNCH DRUMMING will be the thing to do at that event, as Joshua has quite a bit planned around that. I've been practiciing almost every day. BUT I've not got anything internet worthy just yet... going to keep working on it. I'm still looking for a good song that I know instinctively that is widely popular. Most of what I listened to in my youth is not very familiar to most people.
              Okay. So now you've piqued my curiosity. Were you in to alternative music as a youth? When my oldest son was 12 (back in '91) I took him to see a performer named Basia. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xN1mf...=ML&playnext=1 Don't know if I was responsible for his choice of music after that... he became a fan of Bjork and The Sky Cries Mary, and other unique groups.

I hope we won't have to wait very long before you post your debut. Can't wait.

I'll post a message about my special house guests shortly in the "Pictures and Video" Thread. Kind of exciting (for me, anyway)...

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Great stuff Dee! You are getting too good!!!!

Comment

• Biff
                  Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

No only is your workout area bigger than my first apartment, it's decorated better too!! What can I say, another quality video.

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
                    Great stuff Dee! You are getting too good!!!!
                    Thanks, Brian. I still have such a lonnnng way to go, but, I don't mind the practice. I just can't get enough of it, you know? Hope your schedule slows down enough that you can post some more punch drumming. (But, I don't mind watching your "re-runs" one bit!)

Originally posted by Biff View Post
                    Not only is your workout area bigger than my first apartment, it's decorated better too!! What can I say, another quality video.
                    My son and his fiancée just moved out of their little 400 sqft apartment a few months ago and bought their first house. Man, that was a tiny apt.

As for my "woodshed decorating," Trainer Raul balked at my most recent acquisition from the local swap meet – the ornate shelf in the background of my video. I couldn't help it – after all, it was only $10! And I can't resist a bargain.

Regarding the photo of Annie Oakly... it's in reference to a comment made by ShowtimeJohnnyPal on YouTube. He has his own rating system of speed bagging. And, I'm shooting (ha ha) for the Annie Oakley level of speed bagging. Nice to hear from you, Biff.

Comment

• Speedbag
                      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

...Regarding the photo of Annie Oakly... it's in reference to a comment made by ShowtimeJohnnyPal on YouTube. He has his own rating system of speed bagging. And, I'm shooting (ha ha) for the Annie Oakley level of speed bagging. Nice to hear from you, Biff.
                      Very nicely put. AO was the real deal and worthy of emulation.

ps: you'll get there, no doubt.
                      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                      The Quest Continues...
                      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• PIEFURZ
                        Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

As Alan pointed out, they have new (better) ways to react to copyright material. It actually depends on which mega-corporation owns the rights to the music. For some songs they still strip off the audio, but for a good amount it will embed ads and links to buy the song. This is definitely preferable to losing the audio!

x2. Watching punch drumming with no sound is the pits!

Great punch drumming Dee, and to a song that is not easy to punch drum to!

Don't be shy Tim, this forum is very understanding and somewhat forgiving. I grew up listening to my father playing polkas and waltzes. So how bad could it be? The Beer Barrel Polka sounds real catchy on the piano. He played by ear, mostly the accordion and had several other instruments. Would have been great if he would have speed bagged. Looking forward to viewing whenever you are ready to come out of the studio.

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Very nicely put. AO was the real deal and worthy of emulation.

ps: you'll get there, no doubt.
                          Thanks Alan. Annie Oakley really was something! That was an interesting bio on her. Her sharpshooting skills were amazing. I must go now, and... practice practice practice...

I thought this excerpt from Annie's bio was worthy of posting:

For seventeen years Annie Oakley was the Wild West Show's star attraction... At 90 feet Annie could shoot a dime tossed in midair.

In one day with a .22 rifle she shot 4,472 of 5,000 glass balls tossed in midair.

With the thin edge of a playing card facing her at 90 feet, Annie could hit the card and puncture it with with five or six more shots as it settled to the ground. Shooting the ashes off a cigarette held in Frank's mouth was part of the Butler and Oakley act.
                          Last edited by MsDeville; 10-18-2010, 03:06 AM. Reason: added excerpt

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                          Working...