• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • metaldad
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
    If it's any consolation Metaldad, I was inundated with that song as well. I suffered an acute appendicitas on Halloween morning 1999. Was out on disability for six weeks, and guess what was the hot song on the airways during at least half that time?
    Thanks Dutchman. Now I don't feel so alone. Nothing like A LITTLE APPENDECTOMY ON YOUR SIDE WHILE MAMBO # 5 DRIVES YOU MAD
    sigpic

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
      Though I personally despise, hate and want to rip certain parts of my anatomy off with pliers everytime I hear it , ....The song is my issue...I heard it wayyyy too much at the nightclub I used to work at. Kudos to you for somewhat nullifying my hatred of Mambo# 5. No easy task I assure you.
      Yes, it's hard to embrace the beat of ALL music, and we all have our favorite styles and groups. Perhaps you will enjoy the ORIGINAL Mambo #5 by Perez Prado, circa 1950. I was raised on this stuff and Big Band. Gotta embrace the brass!

by the way, MD you're on the wedding list for my chicago nephew BK, AND he's marrying a girl of Indian heritage, SSOOoooo, We guys are up for a little Punjabi Bhangra dancing. HA! better start practicing the basic and more advanced steps.

( this is gonna be worth the price of Admission.... )
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• ukspeedbag
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Nov 2007

I Don't know how I missed this Biff. I came across your video in youtube yesterday and wondered why you hadn't posted it to the forum.

Anyway, Mate, that was amazing! People here, are making big improvements lately and you are definitely one of them.

Vini

Comment

• Biff
          Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Originally posted by ukspeedbag View Post
          I Don't know how I missed this Biff. I came across your video in youtube yesterday and wondered why you hadn't posted it to the forum.

Anyway, Mate, that was amazing! People here, are making big improvements lately and you are definitely one of them.

Vini
          Thanks, Vini. You're right, many people here are progressing nicely.

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
          Thanks Dutchman. Now I don't feel so alone. Nothing like A LITTLE APPENDECTOMY ON YOUR SIDE WHILE MAMBO # 5 DRIVES YOU MAD
          MD, love your sense of humor.

Comment

• Tim
            Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Biff View Post
            Just having some fun with hitting to music. Alan and BT have nothing to worry about.

But it is a fun way to incorporate new combos into a routine.
            That's great Biff, you can feel the beat !!!

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Aug 2010

Past Video of more punch-drumming to inspire us!

Great punch-drumming Biff! Since I am fairly new to the forum, I just took a little viewing stroll through the "Hitting to Music" archives and saw this! Great choice in music! Hope to see another punch-drumming video post by you soon!
              Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• Eighty-Eight

• Feb 2008

Biff,
                Thought I saw some smoke coming off the bag when you finished. Whew. Nice going. Keep it up.

Comment

• PIEFURZ
                  Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                  Yes, it's hard to embrace the beat of ALL music, and we all have our favorite styles and groups. Perhaps you will enjoy the ORIGINAL Mambo #5 by Perez Prado, circa 1950. I was raised on this stuff and Big Band. Gotta embrace the brass!

by the way, MD you're on the wedding list for my chicago nephew BK, AND he's marrying a girl of Indian heritage, SSOOoooo, We guys are up for a little Punjabi Bhangra dancing. HA! better start practicing the basic and more advanced steps.

( this is gonna be worth the price of Admission.... )

i liked the action of the bags at .32 to .33, was that a rear double bump? Sorry.
                  Last edited by PIEFURZ; 10-18-2010, 11:46 PM. Reason: Added Sorry.

Comment

• PIEFURZ
                    Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

Originally posted by PIEFURZ View Post
                    i liked the action of the bags at .32 to .33, was that a rear double bump? Sorry.
                    Hey, it wasn't just me. Check out the end of the song.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                    Working...