• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • metaldad
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2007

Stoner Rock Baggin'

Had this tune floating around my head for awhile, decided to try baggin' to it. I know my skills are lagging as of late, not much time under the board..........sorry.

sigpic
  • TJ_MaTee

• Nov 2009

Great job MD! You were in the "Zone" and locked into that groove! Liked the delayed triplet accents at about 3:11. Very Cool! Thanks for the post dude!
    T.J. MaTEE'[/U][/U] u:

Comment

• Roc Stone
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Oct 2007

Bang that bag. Yeah man
      sigpic'IRON HORSE, LIVE TO RIDE'

Comment

• Tim
        Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Great job MD. Lookin' good and most importantly sounding good. I liked the air guitar at :58

Comment

• fingers
          Speed Bag Guru
          • May 2008

Great work MD!! i think you will be joining the U-bolt fan club soon!

Comment

• spinsmashpop
            Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

GREAT JOB! Great polyrhythmic linking right in time!!!

Comment

• The Baggist
              Vert Baggin' Master
              • May 2009

KYUSS!!!!! "Thumb" That band was awesome!!! Killer Baggin Metaldad and great song choice!!

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Kudos to the metal man...

WOW!
                You know MD, I've never listened to much heavy rock because I thought it was harsh. But, this song has a great heavy rhythm that I really like. And, you were definitely in the deep rhythm of it ... Like Brian said, you were right on beat. Nice long one too – it really got you purging your pores ! You gotta love those long ones...
                sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
                I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Biff
                  Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Very impressive, MD. Your best punch drumming to date (IMHO). Nothing wrong with your skills - no need for an apology. Keep it up!!!

Comment

• metaldad
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by TJ_MaTee View Post
                    Great job MD! You were in the "Zone" and locked into that groove! Liked the delayed triplet accents at about 3:11. Very Cool! Thanks for the post dude!
                    Thanks TJ! The beat was actually much simpler than I anticipated except for the change at the end. Overall it's one of my favorite tunes by Kyuss.

Originally posted by Roc Stone View Post
                    Bang that bag. Yeah man
                    With a vengence brotha!!!

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                    Great job MD. Lookin' good and most importantly sounding good. I liked the air guitar at :58
                    Thanks Tim! My air guitar is much more in tune than my real guitar lol!

Originally posted by fingers View Post
                    Great work MD!! i think you will be joining the U-bolt fan club soon!
                    What can I say fingers? I'm hooked! or should I say "bolted"?

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
                    GREAT JOB! Great polyrhythmic linking right in time!!!
                    Thank you Brian!Like I was saying to TJ, this song has anice simple beat that I was able to keep up with.....now if I could just get my real drumming skills(non-existent) up to par............

Originally posted by The Baggist View Post
                    KYUSS!!!!! "Thumb" That band was awesome!!! Killer Baggin Metaldad and great song choice!!
                    Blues For The Red Sun baby!! I've got all theier albums until thier demise then came The Desert Sessions, Unida, and ultimately, Queens of The Stone Age......the directions of Kyuss. Thanks Baggist!

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
                    WOW!
                    You know MD, I've never listened to much heavy rock because I thought it was harsh. But, this song has a great heavy rhythm that I really like. And, you were definitely in the deep rhythm of it ... Like Brian said, you were right on beat. Nice long one too – it really got you purging your pores ! You gotta love those long ones...
                    Thank Ms D! This is some of the mellow stuff in my hard rock/metal library. I got so many songs I wanna try hitting to. I'm thinking Al DiMeola next...........

Originally posted by Biff View Post
                    Very impressive, MD. Your best punch drumming to date (IMHO). Nothing wrong with your skills - no need for an apology. Keep it up!!!
                    Thank Biff, that means alot!

Thanks so much gang! I really haven't had alot of time to spend under the board this summer but when the call comes it must be answered!
                    Last edited by metaldad; 08-10-2010, 10:39 AM. Reason: spelling
                    sigpic

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                    Working...