X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • m.breen
    • Jan 2017

How to inflate bladder?

I bought a paradise replacement bladder. I put the inflation pin in as far as i can and it appears to be too short. This pin fits the other seven bladders I own. What the heck???
  • REB
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Jan 2017

Originally posted by m.breen View Post
    I bought a paradise replacement bladder. I put the inflation pin in as far as i can and it appears to be too short. This pin fits the other seven bladders I own. What the heck???

Is there a nipple extending out past the air valve hole of the bag? If so, you may have to trim some of it off to allow the needle to reach. I have to do that with the EverLast bladders. A small pair of dykes is good to use or a large pair of finger nail clippers work well to trim down an extended nipple

Comment

• Dutchman
      Speed Bag Historian
      • Jun 2006

Originally posted by REB View Post
      Is there a nipple extending out past the air valve hole of the bag? If so, you may have to trim some of it off to allow the needle to reach. I have to do that with the EverLast bladders. A small pair of dykes is good to use or a large pair of finger nail clippers work well to trim down an extended nipple
      Yes, the snap in valve bladders have the extended portion that is to be trimmed after it's installed in the bag. Once they are cut back, you can take them out, but you'll have a heck of a time re installing them.

Comment

• m.breen
        • Jan 2017

Originally posted by REB View Post
        O.K. trimmed it and it worked. Thanks so much. I was thinking it may be some crazy new valve.

Comment

• rdshackleford
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Oct 2016

There are longer inflation needles, but they are pretty expensive, at least the ones I have found. And at the rate I bend and brake needles, could not justify the cost.

-Rusty
          @ArcSwivel
          #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...