• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RLX
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • May 2016

Speed Bag Barter?

Hi guys,

I have a few busted bags, and I really don't know how to replace the bladders. I have extra bladders for them, and would like to get them replaced. Is there anyone here that has perfected this method? If so I'd like to barter with them for the job. Shipping paid both ways by me.
  • REB
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Jan 2017

Check these vids out

Also, you would have it much easier if you used Locktite ultra gel. You can get it at Lowes or from Amazon. Two spots the size of a green pea on the pad where the bladder seats itself at the valve port hole is all you need. Put the gel on the bag pad. It will not drip or run off. Insert the bladder and squeeze and hold the bladder and bag together for 30 seconds. Before you sqeeeze be sure the bladder nipple is coming thru the bag's valve hole to the outside

Here's how I changed my bladder. I've never done this before, but it didn't seem like rocket surgery....so.....enjoy!Music: My mix of samples from Imogen Heap
    Last edited by REB; 08-04-2017, 02:57 PM.

Comment

• rdshackleford
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Oct 2016

Barter? Do you have an ox, or a goat? Or perhaps just a few gold coins?

-Rusty
      @ArcSwivel
      #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• RLX
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • May 2016

Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
        Barter? Do you have an ox, or a goat? Or perhaps just a few gold coins?

-Rusty
        Very Corny, esau.

Comment

• RLX
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • May 2016

Originally posted by REB View Post
          Check these vids out

Also, you would have it much easier if you used Locktite ultra gel. You can get it at Lowes or from Amazon. Two spots the size of a green pea on the pad where the bladder seats itself at the valve port hole is all you need. Put the gel on the bag pad. It will not drip or run off. Insert the bladder and squeeze and hold the bladder and bag together for 30 seconds. Before you sqeeeze be sure the bladder nipple is coming thru the bag's valve hole to the outside

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug8P_QR6luQ

Thank you very much for the useful info.

Comment

• PunchDrummer
            • Jan 2012

Hi RLX and Welcome,

Changing a speed bagbladder really isn't that difficult, and you should probably learn to DIY. I'd bee happy to do it for you, but it really is kind-of silly to send it out. It just requires a little finesse to get the bladder in, and after one or two, you'll have it down.

Member "ZaZa" produced a video a while back and it's attached below.
            He uses glue, but I highly recommend ORANGE Everlast "nippeled" bladders over all the others. They're the "bounciest", but that type of rubber loses air slowly, and you'll have to pump once in a while. Well-worth it. You don't need glue - it's messy and can damage the bag when removed.

To install those, you'll need two pair of needle nose pliers - small works best. Put some talc on the bag to help reduce friction when you punch - it will last longer.
            Unlace and remove the old bladder.
            Get the hole at the bottom up to the neck of the bag like you're turning it inside-out (takes a little patience). Push the nipple through the hole until you can grab it horizontally as close to the base as you can with one pair of pliers, hold tight, and put one jaw of the other pliers as far down into the valve hole as you can without actually touching the valve down inside. Gently pull it through and wiggle it to seat it properly. It may be possible to pull it through with the horizontal grab, but things move around a lot before you really get situated, and you'll probably lose the first grip on the nipple.
            Be gentle so you don't rip the nipple. It's easier if you wet the nipple before starting or pulling it through. Once nice and neat, return the bag to right side in, inflate is slightly, lace it up, inflate to 4lbs, trim the excess nipple, and you're done. Easy!

Here's how I changed my bladder. I've never done this before, but it didn't seem like rocket surgery....so.....enjoy!Music: My mix of samples from Imogen Heap

Originally posted by RLX View Post
            Hi guys,

I have a few busted bags, and I really don't know how to replace the bladders. I have extra bladders for them, and would like to get them replaced. Is there anyone here that has perfected this method? If so I'd like to barter with them for the job. Shipping paid both ways by me.
            Last edited by PunchDrummer; 08-04-2017, 08:49 PM.

Comment

• REB
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Jan 2017

I use the EverLast 4232 bladder as well. I agree, using needle nose you have to coax that nipple thru the hole or you can stretch a void in it and cause a slow leak. Been there done that.... Especially when you use the 4232 in a non EverLast bag--- the valve hole may be cut smaller in other brand bags

I like Forza's bladders. You can put an extra pound of air in them and have a great reactive bag. I do have to endorse the Locktite Ultra gel again though. It is not messy and a couple of doses will stay right where you place them on the bag's bladder pad. no runs, no drips, no errors. If you go with a bag that needs a little bit of anchor to allow a safe needle insert, I think Locktite gel is the answer
              Last edited by REB; 08-05-2017, 06:14 AM.

Comment

• DEWhitt
                Speed Bag Trainee
                • Aug 2017

Vintage Speed bag platform

I have a very heavy platform (complete) that I believe is a Narragansett would , anyone have a idea of a date of origin? Thanks dewhitt98@gmail.com

Comment

• Bag Man
                  • Jan 2011

Originally posted by DEWhitt View Post
                  I have a very heavy platform (complete) that I believe is a Narragansett would , anyone have a idea of a date of origin? Thanks dewhitt98@gmail.com
                  I'm very familiar with the Narragansetts. Post a picture.
                  "He [Marciano] was far and away the strongest man I've encountered."

Archie Moore

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...