• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltbaby
    • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
    Hey Boltbaby

I know who you feel about those neck injuries, since I've had a little down time myself due to Neck Issues.

If you're looking to change bags there are a lot of great choices. If the Title Red 9x6 is a bit too big than try the [url-http://store.titleboxing.com/title-classic-speed-bags.html]Title "Classic" 9x6[/url] which is noticeable smaller and lighter.

If you used and like the older Everlast gyro 4200, then you should like the Title gyro 9x6, which is basically the same bag.

always glad to see more ladies under the board and posting on this one!
    Thanks Alan! I actually had my sizes mixed up, its the black and gold Title 8x11 that is too big. I actually have the 9x6 classic, but unfortunately it's kind of dead. The one I'm using in the video below is an Everlast Te:S whatever that means. I like it alot, but it has sprouted a little lump on the side and is out of round, and it also has a slow leak.

Below is my first bagging video. Sorry, it's kind of rough. I'm still trying to get used to my new video software. My technique is a work in progress too, but here goes:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    Last edited by Boltbaby; 02-21-2012, 01:27 AM.
    The rhythm is gonna get you, too!

Comment

• Boltbaby
      • Apr 2011

Originally posted by ventanakaz
      took another look at your vid and left a comment, maybe i was wrong about the size but it looks like the same size as my bag. my thought was that a TE:S was a small, TE:M was a med, and TE:L was a large...ralph
      Yeah, the Everlast small is quite a bit bigger than the 6x9 Title classic I got. It's not a bad size really, I'm struggling with control of it in the video because it's not balanced due to the bladder issue and slightly low on air. It's time for me to get a new bag, although the video ZaZa posted about changing the bladder made me think I might try that first.

It sure wouldn't hurt if I had a better drum to beat on ; )
      Last edited by Boltbaby; 02-21-2012, 02:06 AM.

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Boltbaby View Post
        Yeah, the Everlast small is quite a bit bigger than the 6x9 Title classic I got. It's not a bad size really, I'm struggling with control of it in the video because it's not balanced due to the bladder issue and slightly low on air. It's time for me to get a new bag, although the video ZaZa posted about changing the bladder made me think I might try that first.

It sure wouldn't hurt if I had a better drum to beat on ; )
        For the Drum, you might add a bit of weight over the top of this one. I've had several of that exact setup and they worked fine.

That bag does appear a bit flat, but good thing is it allows you to hit a bit harder, get a bit more physical. You might try changing the bladder but I suspect another bag will be in your future.
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Boltbaby
          • Apr 2011

For the Drum, you might add a bit of weight over the top of this one. I've had several of that exact setup and they worked fine.

That bag does appear a bit flat, but good thing is it allows you to hit a bit harder, get a bit more physical. You might try changing the bladder but I suspect another bag will be in your future.
          I've got a little weight up there but it's probably only 10 lbs. I'm not sure how much I can safely have attached to the wall. I've screwed the runners into the studs pretty securely per directions in the bible. Does anyone know how much weight I could safely hang?

As far as getting physical is concerned...that's what I love most about baggin! ; )

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

I've got a little weight up there but it's probably only 10 lbs. I'm not sure how much I can safely have attached to the wall. I've screwed the runners into the studs pretty securely per directions in the bible. Does anyone know how much weight I could safely hang?

As far as getting physical is concerned...that's what I love most about baggin! ; )
            I had pretty much that same set up, (vertical angle irons with adjustable slot for raising board up or down) (see picture below) and for a long time I would put one of my grandmothers quilts over the top with a 35lb dumbell inside, sitting just past the swivel toward the wall (not out on the edge). I see your board is not the adjustable type and does not have the adjustable vertical angle irons with lent a bit more support to the downward weight of the set up. The Bottom Bolt on the "C" brackets on my unit rested in a metal slot and the vertical steel angle iron might be a stronger set up than yours. For yours I would not recommend a 35lb weight, and might start with a 20 or so and see how it works.

In the video clip below (punchdrumming to a Yello song "Jungle Bill"), you can see the quilt just over the top of the board. You can't see the dumbell but it's sitting on top of the quilt. This was a very sturdy unit, and fit my purposes for many years. All things considered right now, I'd take the much bigger Primefighter unit I have up down and replace it with this one, which is up in my garage at the moment.

Attached Files
            Last edited by Speedbag; 02-21-2012, 07:10 PM.
            Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Boltbaby
              • Apr 2011

For yours I would not recommend a 35lb weight, and might start with a 20 or so and see how it works.

In the video clip below (punchdrumming to a Yello song "Jungle Bill"), you can see the quilt just over the top of the board. You can't see the dumbell but it's sitting on top of the quilt. This was a very sturdy unit, and fit my purposes for many years. All things considered right now, I'd take the much bigger Primefighter unit I have up down and replace it with this one, which is up in my garage at the moment.

Yep, that setup looks familiar all right. You really would consider going back after using the Primefighter? Or is it just nostalgia talking?

Funny story about the weight. I had put an 8 lb barbell weight up there to help with the vibration, then I put my bag of sand, which was about 10 lbs on top of it. I was so focused on doing a nice roll I didn't see the barbell weight slide off the platform. Hit me in the cheekbone on the way down. I was stunned...it hurt, but no blackeye or broken nose. I put ice on my cheekbone right away, and I didn't even have a bruise! Lucky, lucky girl.

I bought a piece of 3/4" birch plywood that has a nice high gloss finish on it. It came out of a bar that someone remodeled. I'm going to thicken up my platform with it when I get a chance. Should look nice.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Yep, that setup looks familiar all right. You really would consider going back after using the Primefighter? Or is it just nostalgia talking?
                Yes, I would go back to the lighter board setup. The larger wall frame, wood etc. needed to hang the Primefighter unit really dominates the wall and the added 35lb counter weight that hang down, (allows for easy up-down adjustment) is an added strain on the wall. The fact is, I rarely adjust height since it just me hitting and I almost always hit the same size bag (8x5 or 9x6). I also like the slighter higher pitched rebound slap on the thinner board and the primefighter board has counter sunk holes located within the rebound area the bag which sometimes hit one directly creating a real funky popping sound that is noticeable in video. And yes, it would be nostaligic also, but the fact is, I don't want almost half of that wall taken up with a rebound board anymore.

Funny story about the weight. I had put an 8 lb barbell weight up there to help with the vibration, then I put my bag of sand, which was about 10 lbs on top of it. I was so focused on doing a nice roll I didn't see the barbell weight slide off the platform. Hit me in the cheekbone on the way down. I was stunned...it hurt, but no blackeye or broken nose. I put ice on my cheekbone right away, and I didn't even have a bruise! Lucky, lucky girl.
                I know exactly how you feel. That is why I had the weight over my old board sitting on a Quilt.

that's kinda like ripping your glasses right off your face on a downward elbow strike, and almost de-nosing yourself in the process. I file that and a dumbell on the head under "Lessons learned after ONE repetition".
                Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...