• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Crazyharp81602
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Oct 2009

The best speed bag brand ever

Hi there. I'm new here to this forum and I would like to ask, what's your opinion on the best brand there is to buy a speed bag. I have a Everlast model 4208 genuine leather speed bag, but it's a bit lopsided and in a tear drop fashion. I honestly don't like that shape and would rather have a bag that's perfectly rounded and sphere-like just like what I've seen in most images and photos. I'm also a little bit frustrated because the air pump I have has a broken needle from an Everlast air pump and I'll have to get a replacement, plus and a better speed bag. So I'm doing some research to find out what's the best brand out there to get a speed bag. I'm considering getting a black medium 9x6 bag to match well with the heavy bag and the stand I have. Hopefully the speedbag is even and in a round shape as well as long lasting by the time I get paid. And finally where can I go to where I can other wise get a free replacement for the needle?
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Crazyharp81602 View Post
    Hi there. I'm new here to this forum and I would like to ask, what's your opinion on the best brand there is to buy a speed bag. I have a Everlast model 4208 genuine leather speed bag, but it's a bit lopsided and in a tear drop fashion. I honestly don't like that shape and would rather have a bag that's perfectly rounded and sphere-like just like what I've seen in most images and photos. I'm also a little bit frustrated because the air pump I have has a broken needle from an Everlast air pump and I'll have to get a replacement, plus and a better speed bag. So I'm doing some research to find out what's the best brand out there to get a speed bag. I'm considering getting a black medium 9x6 bag to match well with the heavy bag and the stand I have. Hopefully the speedbag is even and in a round shape as well as long lasting by the time I get paid. And finally where can I go to where I can other wise get a free replacement for the needle?
    Hey Crazyharp, I hate to tell ya but "the best brand" is completely a matter of opinion. Every company has had some great bags, and they've had some stinkers. It just depends on the one YOU have. You might do better to pick the shape you like, which is more reliable per brand, and then the size you want, and go with that. I could easily say "Everlast is best". No, "Title is best". wrong again, "Ringside bags are the best..." And I would be honest each time because I have had awesome bags from all these companies. Don't forget Top Contender, Rival, Reyes, Century and various others. It's just a matter of opinion.

If you want a "round shaped bag" then pick a manufacturer that shows that shape. I don't know who to suggest for that. The going models are "Tear drop" and "bannana" mostly. I think Tim has a small round bag by everlast. Actually several have it. It is a multi-colored bag that is in several pictures around the site. Looks like a "basketball bag".

Air needles are very cheap. You should be able to get one (or a set of three usually) for very little money.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Crazyharp81602
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Oct 2009

Air needles are very cheap. You should be able to get one (or a set of three usually) for very little money.
      Other than the Title site, where can I go to buy a set of three?

Comment

• riqal
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Crazyharp81602 View Post
        Other than the Title site, where can I go to buy a set of three?
        Go to walmart and buy a set of three needles. I think I bought three for 89 cents.

Comment

• MikeTarheel
          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
          The going models are "Tear drop" and "bannana" mostly.

Oddly enough, I heard this exact same thing in a Watering Hole that I elected to depart from abruptly this evening. But I am Back At Work here now.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...