• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cazbag
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2018

New title perilous 8x5 speed bag

Just got this last night and all I can say is awesome! They nailed the 8x5 version out of the park for me. It reminds me of balaz laser on a diet with a shorter loop. The loop is narrow but grips the s hook very well and stays in place so far. It is a rocket right out of the bag!
  • Cazbag
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2018

Will post a vid after get a little more practice with it.

Comment

• baggeric
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Oct 2017

new perilous bags

I have to agree. I have all three sizes and they are all very fast. The 5x7 is really hard to keep up with.

Comment

• riqal
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Aug 2006

I just received the 9x6 perilous bag. Definitely one of TItle’s better bags. Fast and good rebound. Good leather and, as always from title, solid construction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• BagBoy
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Jan 2018

Started with the 5" and had to pick up the other two. The 7" is enormous and all three regardless of size respond the exact same way. Fast! No regrets getting all three
          Attached Files
          Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• BagBoy
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Jan 2018

Not sure why but the 5" that is only a month old suddenly stopped holding air and rapidly deflating after a pump-up. Like within 15 minutes.. So I replaced the bladder with a Title orange and I'm not sure if it's just me, but it seems even faster/snappier than before.

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• jaja6009
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Dec 2016

Originally posted by BagBoy View Post
              Not sure why but the 5" that is only a month old suddenly stopped holding air and rapidly deflating after a pump-up. Like within 15 minutes.. So I replaced the bladder with a Title orange and I'm not sure if it's just me, but it seems even faster/snappier than before.
              When you replaced the bladder how was the original bladder glued in? Mine was very sloppy with glue being not only on the bottom, but also a couple of inches up on the sides. On both the 5x9 and 7 x10 the sloppy glue job made the bags hit extremely erratic. Both now have Title bladders in them and are quite the speed demons.

Comment

• BagBoy
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Jan 2018

Originally posted by jaja6009 View Post
                When you replaced the bladder how was the original bladder glued in? Mine was very sloppy with glue being not only on the bottom, but also a couple of inches up on the sides. On both the 5x9 and 7 x10 the sloppy glue job made the bags hit extremely erratic. Both now have Title bladders in them and are quite the speed demons.
                I recall your post about swapping out the bladder and the erratic hits. This bladder in the 5 was in very nicely with a little glue down around the nipple. It was a reasonably easy swap out. I wonder if yours was an isolated incident? After hitting on it today I've come to the conclusion that it is definitely faster and actually sounds a little different if that make sense. I should add that the bladder I took out was the appropriate size.. if memory serves you mentioned that the bladder in yours was very large.

On a separate note but still on bladders; There are a lot of sites that advertise Title bladders but like the one I put in the 5" perilous but what they actually send are Enkay bladders. Does title make enkay? Those enkay nipples are half the length of the title orange and the everlast bladders as well.

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• jaja6009
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Dec 2016

Yeah in the 6x9 the bladder was huge, but in the 5x8 it was what I would consider the right size. In both I put Enkay bladders and like your experience I think they made the bag faster. Also the 6x9 did not have the circle glue down in it, the bladder was glued to the bag itself and not in a good, neat way. Very sloppy. The 5x8 had the circle attachment but the bladder was glued to it and the sides of the bag.

Both hit extremely erratic and reminded me of Mexican Jumping beans. After the bladder change though they both hit straight and fast.

Comment

• Dutchman
                    Speed Bag Historian
                    • Jun 2006

It appears that Enkay makes Title's replacement bladders. Enkay is the largest maker of sports ball bladders. I have found that the length of the valve nipple with them vary a little bit, but not as much as the thickness of the leather at the base of the bags that I have put them in.

Comment

• BagBoy
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Jan 2018

Just a question for anybody who has the small perilous. Is the loop on yours a long one? I have all three sizes and the loop on the smallest bag is twice as long as the larger bags loops. It doesn't seem to matter because the bag is still speedy as anything.

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• Cazbag
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Sep 2018

Originally posted by BagBoy View Post
                        Just a question for anybody who has the small perilous. Is the loop on yours a long one? I have all three sizes and the loop on the smallest bag is twice as long as the larger bags loops. It doesn't seem to matter because the bag is still speedy as anything.
                        Mine is small, so small that it is a snug fit getting on the original Arc trihook, but nice and easy going on the newer narrow trihook.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                        Working...