• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jaysopro
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jul 2015

Trying to buy a speed bag

Idk if this is the right place to put this, but I couldnt find anywhere else so i'll put it here.
    Im looking for speed bag set up around $125-140 and I want to get my moneys worth.
    I want to spend about $70-80 on the platform and around $25-35 and Idk how much swivels are but around $25 is fine. Willing to go up $10-20 bucks is fine.
    Just found this place out on another forum trying to figure out on what to buy.
    Its going on a wall in my garage, and I will be using it to train for MMA in general, also to get good at it.
  • Speedbag Seaweed Man
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2015

Hi jaysopro, welcome to the Speedbag forum.
    No one regrets buying quality and with that in mind I'd recommend you get a nice ballhook swivel (Deville Swivels are very nice and will never become obsolete.) Then choose a bag that you like the look of. Do a bit of research on the bag and pick the one you want to hit. As for the Drum, homemade types can work out very economical, and within budget.
    Good to hear from you, and bag on.

Comment

• Dutchman
      Speed Bag Historian
      • Jun 2006

If you're not that handy in the woodshop, this Everlast platform is a good choice.http://www.everlast.com/boxing/punch...d-bag-platform

It's list is a hundred bucks but can be found at various outlets online for less. They often show up "gently used" on both eBay and Craigslist as well for decent prices.

Comment

• BaggerBob
        • Jun 2015

Welcome!

Being fairly new to the game myself, my 2 cents...

Don't be cheap. Once you find out how fun and challenging it is, you'll be glad you spent a couple extra bucks.

Get your swivel here: http://shop.virinnovations.com/Swivels_c4.htm
        Either ball hook type.

Get a decent 9"x 6" bag. I started with a 10"x 7" and found I quickly wanted the next size down.

3rd, don't get impatient learning this. Unless you are a natural, it will take time.

4th. I can't comment yet, but I ordered Alan Kahn's 'Speed Bag Bible'. I'll report back on that later.

Comment

• jaysopro
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Jul 2015

Im willing to jump it up too $200 if i have too. To get a good platform and swivel and bag.
          Going to be using it a lot to help with keeping my hands up during training fights etc.
          Also if you guys know anything about this being a good platform that was also help, unless u can recommend something better. Couldnt find any real reviews for this item anywhere

Comment

• BaggerBob
            • Jun 2015

Originally posted by jaysopro View Post
            Im willing to jump it up too $200 if i have too. To get a good platform and swivel and bag.
            Going to be using it a lot to help with keeping my hands up during training fights etc.
            Also if you guys know anything about this being a good platform that was also help, unless u can recommend something better. Couldnt find any real reviews for this item anywhere
            http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...condition=used
            If you're willing to go to $200, look at this platform by Ringside.

Very solid frame and a 2" board. I don't think you could go wrong for the money.
            It comes with a nice $40 swivel too.

They sent me a email flyer code for 25% off. I'll give you the code to try if you're interested.

Shipping is about $30

$249 - 25% = $187 + $30 shipping = Total $216

All you'll need is the 9"x 6" bag

I'll post the code for you to try if you let me know you're ready to buy. Or IM me.

Note:*Offer expires at 11:59PM CST on August 1, 2015. 25%
            So let me know tonight, I'll be out of town in the morning.

Here's the Promo Code, 25475
            Last edited by BaggerBob; 07-30-2015, 07:00 PM.

Comment

• BaggerBob
              • Jun 2015

I posted the code for anyone that wants to use it. $75 minimum order

Originally posted by BaggerBob View Post
              If you're willing to go to $200, look at this platform by Ringside.

Very solid frame and a 2" board. I don't think you could go wrong for the money.
              It comes with a nice $40 swivel too.

They sent me a email flyer code for 25% off. I'll give you the code to try if you're interested.

Shipping is about $30

$249 - 25% = $187 + $30 shipping = Total $216

All you'll need is the 9"x 6" bag

Note:*Offer expires at 11:59PM CST on August 1, 2015. 25%

Here's the Promo Code, 25475
              Last edited by BaggerBob; 07-30-2015, 07:10 PM.

Comment

• jaysopro
                Speed Bag Trainee
                • Jul 2015

Any one used this

does anyone have any feedback on this just saw it and couldnt find any reviews on it. Or should i just buy http://shop.virinnovations.com/Swive...ivel-SWLTX.htm

Also is this any good for a platform
                Last edited by jaysopro; 07-30-2015, 08:15 PM.

Comment

• jaysopro
                  Speed Bag Trainee
                  • Jul 2015

Craigslist

Also theres a guy near me selling one a platform with bags imo i will buy new ones an a new swivel if i need one

But if you guys could check if the platform is worth the cost that would be great. Ill buy it if you guys think it is worth it.

Comment

• jaysopro
                    Speed Bag Trainee
                    • Jul 2015

Platform

so i ended up getting XMark Adjustable Speed Bag Platform

still need to get a swivel and bag

most of you guys suggested for a 9x6 bag and im searching one now, while for the swivel u guys said want me to get a ball hook swivel and im not sure what to get

Comment

• mirokiuru
                      • Jun 2015

Go for the ball hook! im also new in this game but im learning fast.. i found (and maaany others) that the u-bolt swivels r locking speedbagger to front and reverse moves, even tho speedbag scissorhand use u-bolt and cheap u-bolts can be really pain in the a$$ if u try to learn side moves i suggest u to buy deville 13 if u can, u wont regret it since the best baggers here use it im also planning to get one when i have trained for while whit my u-bolt
                      Last edited by mirokiuru; 08-01-2015, 07:39 PM.

Comment

• Niki Knuckles
                        • Apr 2012

I can buy everything I need for 20 bucks from the classified. Platform, ball, and swivel. My first platform was 5 bucks, and it came with half a swivel. I built the rest. My first bag was free. Ask and it is given. Life is in your mind. Your wish, is your command. Shit like that...
                        Don't buy your speed bag from the same place you buy your tackle box.

Comment

• speedball708
                          • Apr 2015

Whatever you get the installation is the most important part. If it's installed right it will have minimal vibration. It's all about minimal vibration. You can research how to properly install your platform on the speed bag forum.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                          Working...