• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • metaldad
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by operator3 View Post
    I have had the pleasure of seeing a camel spider in person. They are the most brazen bugs on the planet! when i was in Iraq(1997..?), they had a really bad reputation! they would chase people, dogs, and even Humvees. Not a joke, they are NASTY! one of my buddies forgot to turn his boots upside down and bang them out before putting them on. He was bitten just above his little toe. It was one of the grossest things i have ever seen! he showed it off like a badge of courage hobbling around the sand box. He ended up losing his toe. As for the tarantula being a formidable foe, not a chance.. Camel spiders are very agile and are insanely tenacious! Ive seen HUGE spiders in the jungles of Panama (some the size of your face), and I still think the Camel spider is at the apex of the spiderdom.
    I would hardly call that a pleasure LMAO! That desert heat must be make those arachnids so darned mean! Were you in the Army? When I was in Okinawa, we had to deal with the banana spider and jumping spiders which seriously pale in comparison to the camel spider as far as size and aggressiveness, and banana spiders can get pretty d@#%mned big! I've been up close and personal with them.....not fun.
    Last edited by metaldad; 03-02-2010, 07:03 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

• TJ_MaTee

• Nov 2009

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
      Man, Metaldad that huntsman is one UGLY spider! Get a load of these pictures....

This will give ya nightmares. The D@$N thing is smiling!
      Hey MatalDad, just think of all the multiple, quadruple, inward, outward and downward (and every other direction) elbow linking combos you could pull off with arms like that! "SHAZZZZAMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
      T.J. MaTEE'[/U][/U] u:

Comment

• metaldad
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Apr 2007

Originally posted by TJ_MaTee View Post
        Hey MatalDad, just think of all the multiple, quadruple, inward, outward and downward (and every other direction) elbow linking combos you could pull off with arms like that! "SHAZZZZAMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
        Dude, I would be a punch drumming fool with arms like that!!!!!!!! Gonzo, Neil Peart , Dave Lombardo, Andols Herrick and Spinsmashpop combined!!!!! And then I would web four bags to my ceiling and bag upside down, or even to the side of my condo! Yeah........that's what I would do.......yeah
        sigpic

Comment

• REALGYMM
          Founder of REAL GYMM

• Nov 2009

Lol!!!!! I used to have a pet tarantula as kid....:d

Comment

• operator3
            • Mar 2010

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
            I would hardly call that a pleasure LMAO! That desert heat must be make those arachnids so darned mean! Were you in the Army? When I was in Okinawa, we had to deal with the banana spider and jumping spiders which seriously pale in comparison to the camel spider as far as size and aggressiveness, and banana spiders can get pretty d@#%mned big! I've been up close and personal with them.....not fun.
            Air force, and yeah banana spiders are pretty gnarly also. I'm not a huge fan of spiders, and even less of a fan of huge spiders. I'm not scared, but Im not stupid either. I will pull shotgun on a spider I was bitten on the stomach when I was in Kosovo. I think I rolled over on it while sleeping. It was surprisingly painful.

Comment

• Speedbag
              Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

I have had the pleasure of seeing a camel spider in person. They are the most brazen bugs on the planet! when i was in Iraq(1997..?), they had a really bad reputation! they would chase people, dogs, and even Humvees. Not a joke, they are NASTY! ....I still think the Camel spider is at the apex of the spiderdom.
              I didn't believe that at first until I found the proof!! That's a BIG spider!

I wouldn't get that close.....
              Attached Files
              Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
              *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
              The Quest Continues...
              Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• operator3
                • Mar 2010

Lol, that's awesome! A camel spider eating my 148lb dog. That great.

Comment

• metaldad
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                  I didn't believe that at first until I found the proof!! That's a BIG spider!

I wouldn't get that close.....
                  Alan, please stand by for.... HA!!!!!!! take that Texas Tarantula!!

Lol, that's awesome! A camel spider eating my 148lb dog. That great.
                  Um.......after seeing the picture of your dog, i don't think I want to meet the bug that has the ferocity to eat him! Though the Camel Spider is 120% MEANER! I was wrong about it being the biggest, the Goliath Bird Eater has it beat by 3 inches.
                  sigpic

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...